Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C Empty
PostSubject: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:07 pm

What should the motor sound like? Before I adjusted it, my E1 G36C sounded high pitched. I turned the screw quite a bit and now it sounds lower pitched and sounds more normal to me. So my question is, what should the gearbox sound like? More of a deep tone, or a higher pitch? I don't want to break my bevel gear...........

I think I might need to grease my gearbox. Do you think I could do that without getting the gears out of alignment and having parts fly everywhere? Do you recommend a certain brand of greases?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Booligan
First Lieutenant

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:25 pm

You aren't going to be able to regrease it without opening the gearbox up.

As for the motor sound, it should sound lower pitched, like the motor has no strain. There is no set sound, as each gun is different, but when it runs the smoothest and doesn't sound like the motor has any extra strain, then you're at the sweet spot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:28 pm

I think my motor was too high before I adjusted it.

I know that I will need to open the gearbox. I'm just worried if I open it up, the gears get out of alignment. I just want to grease it.

I think I'm going to open up my gearbox using mechbox.com's videos. Is it that hard to get everything aligned and working correctly? It looks somewhat simple, but hard at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Booligan
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:33 pm

When you open it, yes, pretty much everything will pop out, lol...
Luckily, only one gear really needs to be aligned, and that's the sector gear (the one that pulls back the piston).

All you need to do when reassembling is make sure that the post for the tappet plate is at about 1 o'clock (picture the gear as a clock face, and put the post at thw 1 o'clock position). That way, it's aligned with the piston for when it starts cycling.
Everything else will align itself with the first shot.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:37 pm

you think I could do it pretty easy if I follow mechbox.com?

what greases should I get and what brand? Thanks dude, you're amazing
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Captain
Captain
Airsoftguy

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:56 pm

When I tried to reassemble my MP5 V2 mechbox, it was no where near as easy as it looks in the videos. Getting the spring and the spring guide back in without getting the gears misaligned is quite hard.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgates.clictopics.com/index.htm
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Airsoftguy wrote:
When I tried to reassemble my MP5 V2 mechbox, it was no where near as easy as it looks in the videos. Getting the spring and the spring guide back in without getting the gears misaligned is quite hard.

did you get it working okay? was it worth it? Can you now work on gearboxes fine?
Back to top Go down
demosquad_571
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
demosquad_571

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 7:30 pm

It doesn't take that much strength to compress the spring, you really have to experiment with different techniques of hand placement.

Gear timing isn't really a problem, for me, it is keeping the cylinder in so the piston doesn't slide of the rails, which prevents me from closing my gearbox.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureitout.com
Booligan
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 7:40 pm

^The only spring I've had problems with is a JBU M150. I still haven't got that one installed, lol...

Eventually I'll finish that install...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C   adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C Empty

Back to top Go down

adjusting the motor height on E1 G36C
Page 1 of 1