Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

g&g ak47 or ICS ak47

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackJack
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-16

g&g ak47 or ICS ak47 Empty
PostSubject: g&g ak47 or ICS ak47   g&g ak47 or ICS ak47 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 5:18 pm

both seem phenomenal, and the tightbore barrel that comes stock with the g&g really catches my interest, but ive never shot a g&g before and ive had experience with ics before so i feel more comfortable buying from them, what do you think guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.fps-source.com
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: g&g ak47 or ICS ak47   g&g ak47 or ICS ak47 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 6:01 pm

ICS doesnt make an AK47, thoughg i think you meant Ak74. I dont know if ICS has changed the bodies on their Aks, but the first AK74's were plastic wrapped in metal.

Edit: I couldnt find that review... I thought it was on arnies, but it seems to have disappeared. Perhaps that member left or something. Anyway the guns bodies were plastic wrapped in metal. Now looking at ICS's website it says

Quote :
stamping made reciever
http://www.icsbb.com/eicsbb/page4.asp?bignum=3&picid=334

I think it means stamped reciever... i dont know what material. That is of their Ak74 which was their first one. A later model of theirs, the Ak74m may be different.

for the Ak74m it says..nothing, but from looking at this pic it looks like theyve switched it to stamped steel construction, and no more plastic.
g&g ak47 or ICS ak47 U210

Last edited by sgt. Hartwig on Mon May 19, 2008 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thartwig
BlackJack
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: g&g ak47 or ICS ak47   g&g ak47 or ICS ak47 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 6:53 pm

yea ak74 my bad, (same thing to me)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fps-source.com
bioniclebert
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: g&g ak47 or ICS ak47   g&g ak47 or ICS ak47 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:12 pm

I can't tell you a thing about the G&G but I can tell you a lot about the ICS model.
My friend has this gun, and I just got done doing some repairs on it. While repairing it, I've had a good opportunity to really see the guts of this gun, and what I saw I was generally impressed with. The ROF on this gun is incredibly high with a large 8.4v battery, and firepower is very accurate.
After working on this gun, I would feel very safe buying it. If I were in the market for an AK74, I'd be reluctant to go anywhere else, just because of that first hand experience. (Meaning, I wouldn't even take the chance of trying out another model unless I could find a lot of positive feedback and some nice reviews).
As I've said, the gun is great. I can't think of one negative thing to think of in the gun, except maybe the tappet plate that I had to replace. (But my friends are automatic lovers, and let's say a lot of unnecessary sprays have come from this gun) So it may not of been the gun at fault, but rather, how it was treated.

As for the G&G... I don't know how it might compare side by side. Having just looked at the Airsoft GI tables for comparison of some of their guns.... I'm not so sure you'd want to look at those for your decision. The models that are voted poorly are generally the more expensive models, (CA, ICS) and in both cases, the durability I have seen from both companies models firsthand is excellent. I'm not so sure how they grade their products, especially giving this such a low grade, so I'd recommend you don't look into that too much. (And especially since the ECHO1, G&G, and TSD guns that are getting all the good ratings, are also banners that you can click on, on their main page. Whereas companies that produce good guns in my opinion, are left out.)

Now a lot of people are giving G&G high praise all of a sudden, but that doesn't make the competition any less good than it was before these G&G's started showing up. Basically, I'd just like to leave you at that: I'd have no problem buying a reliable system such as that in the ICS, but with this other brand I'd not be so sure.

I DID do a little research from the guys at the Western New York Airsoft League (WNYAL for short), and from what I've seen it's a 50-50 shot between CA and ICS. Sadly, there weren't any particular reasons to sway someone one way or the other, so I can't help you there, but I encourage you to research this heavily. And be sure you don't just go to one biased source (like me, CA all the way dude, ahem) but you broaden your perspective and see what a lot of people think of it, and hopefully that can help you make your decision.
-Bert.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~robertsz/
fdsakiller
First Lieutenant
fdsakiller

Number of posts : 950
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: g&g ak47 or ICS ak47   g&g ak47 or ICS ak47 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:37 pm

It depends, I believe the overall quality of the gun goes to ICS but the G&G has the extra tightbore that can be a little helpful even though its not that much.

I would go ICS though
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftextreme.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: g&g ak47 or ICS ak47   g&g ak47 or ICS ak47 Empty

Back to top Go down

g&g ak47 or ICS ak47
Page 1 of 1