Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

purchasing JG G36C gearbox

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

purchasing JG G36C gearbox Empty
PostSubject: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:41 am

okay, my gearbox has been acting funny lately, so I opened it up..........

I think it needs a regrease and since I don't have any experience with gearboxes, I was going to take it to my local shop. I'm assuming it will cost around 30-50 bucks for them to regrease it and put it back together, so I though, "why not buy another gear box for the same price?"

Booligan you have suggested I buy one from pointact.com, but it says "100 minimum order"

what exactly does that mean? Does that mean I have to spend atleast 100 bucks to order from them? (or is that for free shipping?)

The gearbox is apparently out of stock and won't be in stock until mid august. (I don't think I can wait that long)

This may sound like a dumb question, (well this whole thread is) but does the gearbox come with a motor?

Are there any other places that sell JG G36C gearboxes for cheap. (ASGI is like 80 bucks)

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
abram
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
abram

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 6:27 am

you have to spend atleast 100 bucks to order from them
i would say u should just get a better gearbox
Back to top Go down
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDC_F-CK-1_Ching-kuo
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:03 pm

Normally I would, but I don't have a 100 dollars lol
Back to top Go down
newbatairsoft
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
newbatairsoft

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:17 pm

Regreasing your GB is not hard at all, and if you posted pictures and/or told us what the "acting up" symptoms are, I bet we could diagnose the problem. I don't really think you need to go spend all that money for a new GB when you can just fix the one you have now. In any case here is a JG GB:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3702
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:19 pm

I looked at everything inside, no wear.

I believe it needs a regrease or reshim because it started to sound really bad. (like the gears were grinding)

I also don't really know how to put gearboxes back together.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Captain
Captain
Airsoftguy

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:12 am

Also check the motor. Its possible it needs to be adjusted.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgates.clictopics.com/index.htm
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:48 am

I tried doing that didn't help Sad
Back to top Go down
newbatairsoft
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
newbatairsoft

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Use Mechbox.com and I am telling you, even if you are the biggest newb, you can put your GB back together. It is not the hardest thing to do in the world. And if you have any questions we can help you out. Through PM's I can help you reshim your GB too. Mechbox.com tells you what you need to relube the GB and how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:12 am

Thanks um.....newb lol

I'll try to get some grease and see what I can do.

Can you purchase grease at like a homedepot or ace hardware that would work for airsoft? (like the greases they use on mechbox.com)

I might take you up on that offer.
Back to top Go down
newbatairsoft
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
newbatairsoft

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 9:36 pm

Yea anytime, lol ignore the name. Go to Homedepot and ask for white lithium grease. Get the one in the tube, it is the easiest to use. Put that on the gears, shims, and bushings to lube them. Then just get some normal silicoln lube (at homedepot) and put that on your o-ring on the piston head and wipe the piston back and forth in the cylinder. You can put some of the lube on the guide rails too. But before you shim make sure everything is cleaned off (when shimming everything has to be precision, lol). I use a mixture of alcohol (atleast 90% isop), water, and dish soap (you can use that mixture to clean barrels, hop ups, etc.). Clean the gears like three times in the mixture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: purchasing JG G36C gearbox   purchasing JG G36C gearbox Empty

Back to top Go down

purchasing JG G36C gearbox
Page 1 of 1