Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16

Go down 
+2
theprodigy
CoolViet93
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CoolViet93
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
CoolViet93

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 Empty
PostSubject: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 4:28 am

Hey guys, well im stepping up my game alittle notch, im selling my JG M4 S system, and going to buy one of the two guns, a Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16, ive heard little bit about both AEGs, but i heard alot for the Classic Army M15A4. In your own opinions, which AEG would you recommend? Like which is alot more durable, good fps, good internals and great for skirmishes. Thank you!

G&G GR-16 Carbine
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3517

Classic Army M15A4 Carbine
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3040
Back to top Go down
theprodigy
Master Gunnery Sergeant E-9
theprodigy

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 1:02 pm

I say get the CA sportline full stock. I've owned both guns I like the sportline a lot better.
Back to top Go down
https://airsoftreports.editboard.com/profile.forum
AirsoftMan
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
AirsoftMan

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 1:47 pm

Based on reviews I have seen of the CA Sportline and my G&G plastica, I would say G&G. To be safe, buy a good 9.6 battery with it, and then I dont really see any reason not to go for G&G.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoft.com
Booligan
First Lieutenant

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 1:50 pm

I would forget both and get the TSD/SRC sportline personally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 3:50 pm

I have not used either, but I will say, on airsoftforum.com everyone recommends the G&G sportline if you mention needing a gun under 200.

They just absolutely rave about that gun. I have not seem them recommend a CA sportline.

CA sportlines have blue nylon bushings and they don't have the usual parts of the CA high end guns. (different gears and such) G&G's sportlines have the same exact internals other than motor and tightbore barrel as the high end G&Gs. (G&G internals are supposably superior to CA and can, from what I've heard, handle an M130 for a while)

I have not used the guns, I'm just telling you what I've read around forums.

Prodigy, perhaps the new G&G sportlines are better than the old ones. (the new ones have good reviews on ASGI and the old ones had terrible reviews, which must mean something. Even if the people there don't know much, they will know if their gun doesn't work lol)

I would personally go for the G&G sportline. The nylon fiber bodies are supposably almost as strong as the metal on their high end guns.

Like I said, I haven't used the guns, so go with what you want.

I just thought I'd throw that in.

best of luck
Back to top Go down
CoolViet93
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
CoolViet93

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 4:52 pm

i think ill go for the G&G, since i did alittle more research, it did say it had better interals on ASGI, and hearing from other threads about G&G, i think its a winner ahhhaa. Thank you very much guys, i appreciate your help!
Back to top Go down
theprodigy
theprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Ahh one last rant, the G&G sportline's plastic is crap mine had HORRIBLE barrel wobble and came with a crap motor. Also I think if it had the same internals as the full metal guns it would have worked with a new motor. Which it didn't. The CA sportline is amazing for the price. The thing is like a bb hose especially with a 9.6v battery. It has a better ROF than the G&G, had better accuracy, it worked out of the box and costs less and comes with more. No one has given proof that the G&G sportlines have the same internals as their proline models. Also I have yet to see where it says that Classic Army sportline guns have the same internals as their prolines. No retailer has said that so I don't know why people think that they do.
Back to top Go down
CoolViet93
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
CoolViet93

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 8:16 pm

hmmm now this changes alot ahahhaa. But the only thing that really confuses me is the comparison of the flaws that you pointed out, and the ranking of the G&G M4s on ASGI.

CA was given a 6 out of 10 and the G&G received a 9 out of 10.

I think the reason for your G&G was cuz it was lemon maybe?? I heard G&G had a recall on there gear boxes...or something.
Back to top Go down
theprodigy
theprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 8:52 pm

That chart is for the proline series and also their charts aren't 100% accurate. My G&G wasn't a lemon I have a friend who has a G&G sportline that is also not working and didn't work out of the box. He replaced the motor so now it will only work with a 9.6v battery overall my experience with G&G guns has been bad, the M16 I bought had wiring issues and still only worked with a 9.6v battery.
Back to top Go down
CoolViet93
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
CoolViet93

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 9:01 pm

oh i see lol i guess your right. I might go for the CA, but i also heard many problems with sector gears or something like that. Sorry if im making it difficult
Back to top Go down
theprodigy
theprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 9:04 pm

I suggest getting the full stock one, I have not had any problems with my CA. The battery they give you isn't that bad so you may not need to get a 9.6v.
Back to top Go down
CoolViet93
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
CoolViet93

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 9:07 pm

hmmm i guess. I wish CA had a RIS version of their sportlines, they look better and you dont have to go buy rail kits
Back to top Go down
Booligan
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 10:00 pm

^Is there any reason why you're not considering the TSD?

I've handled/worked on all of the sportline guns (except the new ICS ones) and the ones that are the best out of the box are the TSD's, plain and simple. Plus, you get a warranty, which will actually get honored if you need it.

Plus you can get it with a RIS.

Honestly, when people are looking for a "sportline" gun, the only one I can recommend is the TSD, because the other's are full of bugs.
Back to top Go down
CoolViet93
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
CoolViet93

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 10:08 pm

Hmm its just that im not really familiar with TSD, im sorta familiar with CA, but i know alittle bit of G&G. There common names so i kind of go for common brands. Can you give some reasons on how TSD beats CA and G&G? Any flaws?? Better internals???
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 10:25 pm

I suggest you go to airsoftforum.com and post a topic comparing those two guns. (that way you get more opinions)
Back to top Go down
bioniclebert
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 10:53 pm

I would also like to point out that I don't agree with those ASGI charts as well.

G&G, CA, TSD, they're all extremely similar. I hate to be that guy that always says "Don't think too hard about it" all the time, but it's really the truth. I was stuck for the longest time between an Echo 1 M4, CA, ICS, what to get what to buy. Just go with the one that has the features you like best, and go with it. This is just another one of those situations where I don't think you'll be dissappointed one way or the other, and there only some slight things that set each apart from each other, so go with what you like best.
It looks like TSD has the most variations, so you'll be more likely to find exactly what you're looking for there.
A lot of us are unfamiliar with TSD, and have heard only rumors of the other two. I am aware there are a few G&G users, and maybe 1-3 CA users, but most of us haven't dealt with all three. So if you're hearing good stuff about a brand (as in, like Booligan's experience with TSD), don't be discouraged when you dont hear others chiming in as well.

Anyhow, my love for CA has me looking at the M15A4 PMC (drooool) but don't let my biased opinion swing you. Compare each side by side, and see what features you like best and go from there. The firepower of each one is about the same, (pretty much every airsoft gun shoots the same, lol) so just go with the physical features that you're looking for, and then differentiate between brand A and B.
-Bert.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~robertsz/
Booligan
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 11:34 pm

I'll go over the known issues:
CA - Normal CA crap but worse. Wiring issues, gears shredding, motors dying prematurely.

G&G - Motors, and some users report battery issues.

TSD/SRC - Lower RIS wobbles, I've heard 1 report of a hop-up issue, was dealt with under warranty.

Basically, they all will perform the same (350ish FPS, decent ROF, decent range) and the bodies will all be fine (still have yet to see a plastic body break from something other than someone falling on it) but the stuff that breaks on them will be different.

With the CA, expect a lot of problems, from minor stuff (wiring) to major (gears, piston, motor, general gearbox FUBAR)...

With the G&G, at the bare minimum, expect to replace the battery. Worst case, the motor.

With the TSD, you'll need to buy your own battery (I run 9.6v intellect crane stock battery on mine) but that lets you choose how you want it setup. The lower RIS wobbles, and I haven't found a fix yet, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Just don't mount a laser or anything else that requires absolute precision.

With the amount of headaches that I've had to deal with on G&G and CA sportlines, and CA guns in general, and the lack of issues that I've dealt with on TSD/SRC guns, I think it says a lot about the quality of the latest offerings from these companies.

Some food for thought.

Plus, ask Admin about his experience with the TSD, I know he did or is doing a video review on a TSD Sportline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16   Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sportslines: Classic Army M15A4 or G&G GR-16
Page 1 of 1