Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Upgrade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
birchenboy
Staff Sergeant E-6
Staff Sergeant E-6
birchenboy

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-03-17

First Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: First Upgrade   First Upgrade EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 6:21 pm

If this is in the wrong section please move it I wasn't quite sure where to put it.

I have finaly prepared my self to do my first internal AEG upgrade but have no idea which items to buy and put in my gun. I am purchasing the JG M4 CQB RIS from Evike and would like to buy upgrade parts there if possible but Airsoft Atlanta also has the gun so they would be an acceptable retailer.

From what i have already read a hop up or tight bore barrel upgrade sounds easy so should i start there or somthing ealse?

As for my budget i also want to pick up some mid caps about 5 and 250$ is realy pushing my budget so an 80$ barrel unless god like is out of my reach for now atleast.

Thank you everybody in advance!

Side note: if that gun is crap feel free to tell me i went mostly by the crane stock, being an M4(magazines=cheap unlike G36 mags), and the included flip up sight.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tribalwars.net/
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

First Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Upgrade   First Upgrade EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 8:49 pm

Just upgrade your G36 and get some STAR midcaps. Or get a magwell conversion for your G36

You can't just say you want to upgrade your gun without telling what you are looking for. (accuracy, ROF, power, etc)

I have experience with the JG M4 CQB and it is extremely powerful out of the box. (430+ fps!) It is also extremely inaccurate. (I was using .25s, it probably needs .28s) The ROF is painfully slow with the stock battery, I recommend a 9.6v battery with elite cells. (the ROF is probably below 700rpm)

I suggest you just buy another gun. (Such as a G&G M4 Proline) They already come with a TBB, so you would not have to do anything to it out of the box.

Clones honestly aren't worth upgrading. You can definitely make them out perform a High End easily, but you will still be left with crappy externals. By the time you got the internals and externals on par with a high end, it would cost a LOT more than what a High End would cost. (such as G&G)

If you really want to upgrade a gun, then just stick with your G36C and go from there. A JG is a JG and they all pretty much perform a like. (some shoot hotter, some are more accurate, but they are all pretty much the same)

So many topics like this on forums with stricter rules (ASR, ASF) would get deleted instantly because it is way too vague. Upgrading an AEG can be as simple as getting a new battery, to stripping everything internally.

Let us know what you want (accuracy, ROF, power, etc) and what your max budget is and then we can go from there.

Last edited by Stealthmasterairsofter14 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
birchenboy
Staff Sergeant E-6
Staff Sergeant E-6
birchenboy

First Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Upgrade   First Upgrade EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Ok sorry about the title and i was looking to buy another AEG because i need a loaner and as for the upgrades fps for my field is 400 i know its low but its a small area and some younger kids.

My budget is around 200-250$ and I would like to try my hand at an internal upgrade preferably an easier one, if that exists. I suppose a tight bore and hop up uprade would be approprate but after that im stuck.

Sorry for all the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

First Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Upgrade   First Upgrade EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Are you just wanting to do a barrel upgrade or gearbox? (or both?)

400 fps is not low, that is the max for most fields. (other than DMR limits obviously)

If your limit is 400, the M4 CQB is way out of your range. My friend's was pushing around 450 out of the box. (spring wasn't broken in, but it would still probably settle at 430)

Honestly, if I was in your position and I was wanting an armalite, I would get one of these.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_24_237

Upgrade your G36C, but keep this stock. That way, if you mess something up, you have a very reliable gun. Same internals as high end G&Gs other than a TBB. (the gearbox has pretty much the same parts, some are slightly different. Nothing like a CA compared to a CA sportline) It's made of Nylon Fiber which is a heck of a lot nicer than the ABS JG uses. (bleck)

You can get a prometheus barrel and bucking here for about $62. (much cheaper buying else where)

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/prometheus-barrel-6-03-363mm.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/prometheus-parts-air-seal-chamber-packing-soft.html

G36s are pretty much the easiest guns to work on. (other than P90s)

Don't buy another JG, when they start crapping out on you, you will wish you got a high end. (such as the G&G sportlines) My E1 G36C is falling apart and I have had to do several things to keep it running. (re-shim/regrease, re-solder the wires.... and some other stuff)

G&G will be trouble free for a long time. If you are just doing a barrel upgrade, get the G&G sportline and add a barrel to that. (use your G36 as a loaner) If you want to do internals, then upgrade the G36C. The G&G doesn't need any upgrades internally. lol
Back to top Go down
birchenboy
Staff Sergeant E-6
Staff Sergeant E-6
birchenboy

First Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Upgrade   First Upgrade EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Shimming, regreasing, and probably what ever ealse you did is standered maintenance. You do have a point though but a spring down grade would fix that...and force me to suck up my fears and open the gear box, reshimming and regeasing while im in there. THe TB and firefly bucking would probably fix the accuracy issue but I do understand whta your saying. I think ill do a little more research before i make my decision.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

First Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Upgrade   First Upgrade EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 9:42 pm

I know reshimming and such is standard maintenance, but this gun needs it out of the box. (well it doesn't NEED it, but it is a good idea)

Why not get the G&G Sportline and then fool around with your G36C's internals? If something goes wrong, you will need to send it in. If you break something, it could cost around 100 bucks. Not fun......

Gearbox work really isn't that hard. It's no easy task, but it's not as scary as people make it out to be as long as you are following a video/guide

Mechbox.come will solve all your problems. I found out that "geartiming" is a myth (as long as your sector gear is not engaging the piston, it's fine) and that you should test the shimming of your gears with the case closed and the screws IN. These are the only flaws I have found.

E1/JGs aren't worth upgrading, especially the G36 series. Their are not really any body kits for the G36 series, so you are still stuck with the shiny plastic. (It does feel pretty solid other than the foregrip)

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Upgrade   First Upgrade Empty

Back to top Go down

First Upgrade
Page 1 of 1