Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) Empty
PostSubject: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:32 pm

After putting the gearbox back together, the trigger locks back on semi auto. (Like I have to push it forward to shoot again) It only does this with semi, not full. I tried putting the trigger spring in the other way and it didn't do anything. I've tried installing the trigger about 4 times and nothing has fixed it. I've tried everything. (even putting a crap load of grease on part of the trigger) From what I can see, on semi auto, the "silver" part of the trigger catches on one of the sector gear's tooth. The gear timing is correct, so that isn't a problem. The shimming seems fine. (little to no side to side play and they run smoothly)

Any ideas? I've opened it up about 5 times today and still can't get it working......... I'm so proud of myself, I can finally get the case back together with easy and do other things with the gearbox. This is the only problem I've run into. I don't think it's me, but rather an issue with all JG G36Cs. (on mechbox.com, a lot of people are having the same problem) I think JG G36 gearboxes are just evil.... When I took it down to my local airsoft store to get it worked on, I believe they said it took the airsmith 2 hours to get it working.........

Well I'm rambling......any help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 pm

What do you mean by lock back? As in the trigger block getting stuck in the contact cradle/box, or is the trigger spring not pushing the trigger itself back into position?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/stansalad
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:09 pm

The trigger spring does not push it back into position because the "silver" part catches a tooth on the sector gear. I have to push the trigger forward in order to shoot again.

It doesn't do this on full auto.
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:55 pm

You mean the cutoff lever?
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Nope, the silver part of the trigger. Sorry for not being very descriptive.

The trigger then gets locked back, so I have to push it forward in order to fire another round on semi auto. For some reason, it doesn't do this with full auto. I'm guessing since the gears make a couple of revolutions, it bumps back the trigger.

I don't believe it is the cut off lever though...
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Well, even though you say your shimming is fine, but can you try adding/removing some shims underneath the sector gear? Also, you may want to try to file the edge of the "silver part" on where it contacts the gear teeth?
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:59 pm

I don't have a file Sad I really don't think it has anything to do with shimming because no matter how high or low it is, it will touch the "silver part" slightly"

Opsic on ASF says there is a tiny hole on the trigger where you insert the spring, so I will look for it.

any other ideas are welcome, I probably won't be able to get to it today, I have a anatomy project........
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Oh, you didn't put the trigger spring in the right spot?
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Well, I put the tiny spring part in the "hole" in the gearbox, but according to him, there is also a hole in the trigger where the other half of the spring goes. So, if that's the case, then I did not install it correctly. Rolling Eyes ug...
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:18 pm

there is no hole on the trigger for the spring...the longer end just goes in between the trigger and the silver part...What is he smoking?
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:37 pm

idk lol I don't see it either.......... I'm working on it right now lol
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:12 am

I fixed it. Apparently, you are supposed to have the "long" part of the spring BETWEEN the two trigger parts. Smile

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:24 am

guys?
lol, so you got it backwards...well, I am glad it is fixed
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Ha ha sorry, I copied and pasted this on all the forums I posted this on ha ha

yeah, you are the only one that gave me the right answer and you didn't even know it lol

thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)   Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C) Empty

Back to top Go down

Trigger locking back on semi (E1 G36C)
Page 1 of 1