Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My SRC G36K

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

My SRC G36K Empty
PostSubject: My SRC G36K   My SRC G36K EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:00 am

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_160&products_id=3787

This is what I have

So now my gun has/has been

Edgi 6.01mm 363mm barrel, teflon taped Systema bucking, Guarder ball bearing spring guide, Guarder SP110, #14 O ring, regreased/reshimmed, and E1 black H nub. I'm getting almost perfect compression and the gun still sounds silky smooth with the new spring. Motor is pulling the spring with no sweat and the ROF is still pretty good, even on a half dead battery. (I estimate about 14 rps) The O ring improved compression quite a bit and it boosted my consistency a ton, so now I have fewer fliers. (and they aren't as dramatic)

All I need is a MOSFET, (I plan to use mostly semi since I'm going for a somewhat DM role) some deans, and maybe some 16wg and I'll be golden. The stock parts really impressed me, other than the spring guide. It is NOT metal like ASGI claims, but I already knew this. The gears seem solid, seem nicer than my E1 gearset. The metal bushings are MUCH nicer than those on my E1. Cylinder/cylinder head gives good compression stock and they are pretty. Very Happy After replacing the O ring with a #14, I have almost perfect compression. The piston looks pretty durable and looks identical to this, so hopefully it will last a while.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3975

Piston head only has 4 ports instead of 6, but I'm getting good compression, so it doesn't matter. I doesn't feel that strong, but is better than the one on my E1. Piston heads rarely break unless you are running a high powered spring. I'm only running an SP110 which is between an M120 and an M130.

Tappet plate seems durable enough and those rarely break. AR latch is one piece and it's an AR latch.......so.....not much to say. Air nozzle is a standard nozzle. I'll probably replace it with a Guarder nozzle because those have an O ring in them.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this rifle. After some upgrades, it is
a really nice weapon. My set up only costs about $310 total (without a battery) and it
should be fairly reliable.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the Gen 3s. It's more fun to upgrade Very Happy

Here are some pics (taken with my phone, so the quality sucks Razz)

My SRC G36K Cid__0208091152a

My SRC G36K Cid__0208091152b

Incredibly strong motor grabbing my Guarder spring guide.... ha ha

My SRC G36K Cid__0208091152c

My SRC G36K Cid__0208091152
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-13

My SRC G36K Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SRC G36K   My SRC G36K EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 pm

How well did the teflon taping work for you?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/stansalad
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

My SRC G36K Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SRC G36K   My SRC G36K EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:47 pm

stansalad wrote:
How well did the teflon taping work for you?

I taped the cylinder head as well and that seemed to prevent leaks a bit.

On the Systema bucking, IDK if it made a difference or not, but you might as well. Just do one wrap around the bucking and try not to make it very tight. If it is tight, the bucking looses it's flexibility and can tear right above the hop up nub inside the bucking. One wrap is all I did.

Teflon tape is like a buck and can be used for many things, so you might as well. In case you don't know, it's not sticky; apparently it uses static electricity instead of adheasive.

You should try picking up a SCS, they work very well if you get it set right. (my hop up arm is about an mm too wide for the SCS, so it is hard to get the SCS to set right)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My SRC G36K Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SRC G36K   My SRC G36K Empty

Back to top Go down

My SRC G36K
Page 1 of 1