Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonecrusher8301
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:43 pm

I have a JG m16 a4 and the battery has gone out it came with a 8.4v 1500mh battery and i was looking into getting a 9.6v4500mh NiMh battery will this upgrade have any kind of adverse effects on my gun like ruining the gear box or shorter life span or somthing. the links to the gun and new battery are below. Please Answer.

Battery

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-4500mAh-Battery-AirSoft-Rifles/dp/B001BACBB4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1236628276&sr=8-2

Gun

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-M164-610.htm
Back to top Go down
bioniclebert
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 pm

I would not generally be worried about using a 9.6v battery in your gun. Even some of the lowest quality gearboxes I've seen run fine with a 9.6v battery. As long as you aren't abusing the high rate of fire, you'll be fine.

Technically, when you pull the trigger, bb's will be fired more quickly out of the gun, and sure, the parts will therefore recieve more wear, but I haven't had a problem with any single gun yet from running on a 9.6V battery.
Hope this helps. Oh, and welcome to the forums!
-Bob.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~robertsz/
Bonecrusher8301
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:21 pm

thanks for the help it will certainly help me in my decision

oh and thanks for the welcome as well
Back to top Go down
Bonecrusher8301
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:24 pm

also i have heard that using a 10.4v will kill a jg very quickly can you confirm or deni this since this is what sparked my original question
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 pm

Yeah, a 10.8v battery would pretty much fry most guns except for a KWA and maybe a G&P.

With a reshim/regrease, it could handle it for a little while. (I'd say a max of 10,000 round) First thing to go would most likely be the piston.
Back to top Go down
bioniclebert
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:24 pm

In general, I think a 10.8v battery is pretty much overkill unless you're working on an upgraded gearbox. A 9.6v battery on a stock gearbox should produce a reasonable rate of fire. And if you're going for a (unusually) high rate of fire setup, the first component I'd be changing wouldn't be the battery anyway.

As Stealthmasterairsoft14 hinted to, a good way to better help out your gun is to make it efficient, and to take care of it well. Shimming, regreasing, cleaning the barrel, and proper motor height adjustment are some simple things you (or a gunsmith, if you're not so sure about opening a gearbox) can do to better optimize what you're working with.
-Bob.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~robertsz/
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:56 pm

If you want that high of a ROF, I would reshim, regrease, replace the piston/piston head (ball bearing) add deans, and get a G&P M120 motor. If you have the current 2008 M16 version, the spring guide is metal, so you don't have to worry about replacing that. If you want to replace it, don't get a ball bearing one if you are getting a ball bearing piston head. Ball bearings on both ends actually seem to do more harm than good from what I'm reading.

That should put you at around 20 rps with a quality 9.6v easily and it won't wear out your trigger contacts as fast as a 10.8v will.
Back to top Go down
Bonecrusher8301
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:50 am

thanks for the help but i think ill stick with the 9.6v taking apart a gear box is a little uhm mh way over my head

how ever i do have a question though when i first got my gun it said i should re grease it every oh 10,000 rounds some where in that range but since that was like a little less then a year ago i have lost the instruction. now im pretty good with mechanics and i KNOW i have put at least 20,000 rounds through this gun. What would you suggest doing. WITH OUT DISASSEMBLING THE GEAR BOX!! which i mentioned before is a little over my head but how hard could a grease job be right.

on a second note i was looking into getting a RIS forward grip as a replacment to the plastic smooth one it came with. but there are three problems i have
1. I can remove the current grip easily and would like to find one just as easy to swap out if i want to go back but all the ones i have seen require bolting or screwing it onto the frame in holes that do not exist on my gun
2. price all the ones i have seen cost at the very least as much if not more than the gun itself
3.weight i would prefer a plastic one as it is lighter and cheaper but i understand the durability aspect of.

Thank you for reading this EXCRUSHIATINGLY long post and if you can. your answers would be greatly appreciated oh and by the way Stealth Master Airsoft NICE G36C my bad K Wanted one and still do What brand is Your's?
Back to top Go down
Bonecrusher8301
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 am

oops i menat to say a Handguard ris rail system which there is a picture of in the link

http://www.airsplat.com/Images/AC-UPE-OA-7-M16.jpg

i would have put it right on the page or as profile pic but dont know how ?
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:21 pm

10,000 in the manual most likely refers to cleaning the barrel/hop up. You should do that after every skirmish IMO. (especially with tight bores)

Are you not mechanically inclined at all? Gearbox work isn't very hard once you get the hang of it. There are some very good guides/videos online and I would be glad to walk you through it.

I'm not sure what you mean. do you want to replace the RIS unit with a handguard?

Thank you, it's an SRC. Great gun with a little work.
Back to top Go down
Bonecrusher8301
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:37 pm

ok so really just the hop up and and barrel then Ill start worring about the gearbox when issues start arising

What i mean is you know how on the normal average m16 airsoft it has a black plastic "HUSK" or shell around the outer barel that you hold with ur left hand ifur a righty and vise versa for leftys. well i wasnt one with ris or weaver rails to attach things like lasers and such. that is what im looking for

an well i have to say that gun is quite impressive uhh is that a gernade launcher that shoots the little gas filled m203 shells or just a pump action gun (similar to a cheap shotgun.)

and on more thing i was looking into getting a pistol preferably not gas (C02 or electric only) and with blow back. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:23 pm

No offense, but can you clean up your grammar a bit, I don't understand what you are talking about.

So you want to replace the handguard with an RIS unit?

Grenade launcher? Is what a grenade launcher?

CO2 is a gas which would make guns that run on CO2 gas guns... lol
Back to top Go down
Bonecrusher8301
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Ok sorry about the grammer typed REAL fast

first you hit the nail on the head with the first bit

2 the grenade launcher i am talking about is the one slung underneath the one in your profile picture

3 i know that C02 is a gas but what I mean is red or green gas. Uhh Propane is what it is I think it is. which is usually seperated under the term gas on most websites that sell airsoft guns while C02 is usually marked under the term C02
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:31 pm

No idea on what RIS unit would fit. I suggest you sign up on airsoftforum.com and ask them there.

Oh ha ha, that's not my gun. https://airsoftreports.editboard.com/airsoft-pictures-f12/airsoft-photos-t48-165.htm

So you want a Co2 pistol? Hm....most pistols run off of propane/green gas. Unless you really want Co2, KWA pistols are beast.
Back to top Go down
Bonecrusher8301
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 am

One more question

What is a Shim and what does it do
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 am

A shim is like a mini washer and you place them on the gears. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_53&products_id=3120

To shim/shimming a gearbox is to add shims to the gears until the have little to no play and are spin smoothly. That's just a basic definition. If you are really interested in learning, let me know. It's really not that difficult, just more time consuming than anything else. (As long as you are mechanical that is)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade   Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade Empty

Back to top Go down

Jg M16 A4 Battery upgrade
Page 1 of 1