Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Proper way to lube your gas gun?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
newbatairsoft
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
newbatairsoft

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Proper way to lube your gas gun? Empty
PostSubject: Proper way to lube your gas gun?   Proper way to lube your gas gun? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 5:16 pm

For my gas gun I pull back the slides and do 3 one second sprays on the back o-ring every now and then. And I take off the slide and lube that too (NOT MUCH). Does anyone else do it a differant way? How would you clean the barrel? Should I just use a q-tip and swab the barrel a little to make get out any excess lube or dirt? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SecretWeapon
Staff Sergeant E-6
Staff Sergeant E-6

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Proper way to lube your gas gun?   Proper way to lube your gas gun? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 1:30 am

As far as your barrel goes you should clean it like a real gun. Use a cleaning rod,feed a cotton cloth into it, and draw it through the barrel. Real gun owners know you should only draw it from back to front of the barrel to respect the grain of the rifling, but you dont have to worry about that in airsoft. Just move the cloth back and forth then draw it through several times without stopping to clear anything you previously dislodged. You should always clean the barrel before lubing it as it will otherwise catch the dust/dirt and make a sludge. As far as lubing the seals and doing so in moderation you're doing that right already.

Last edited by on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.idonthaveone.com
newbatairsoft
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
newbatairsoft

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Proper way to lube your gas gun?   Proper way to lube your gas gun? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 4:17 pm

Great, cause I have a cloth for cleaning gun barrels and I have the rod that came with my aeg, so that should work, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper way to lube your gas gun?   Proper way to lube your gas gun? Empty

Back to top Go down

Proper way to lube your gas gun?
Page 1 of 1