Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations

Go down 
+7
Airsoftguy
mp5a5ris
fdsakiller
Scott
The Becoming
sgt. Hartwig
theprodigy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which one
Echo 1 mp5-j with upgrades
Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
VEctor arms Mp5
Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
G&G plastic Mp5
Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
mp5a5ris
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations   Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 4:54 pm

Last edited by mp5a5ris on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations   Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 4:55 pm

Okay, I'm sorry for the confusion

I had not held an AEG or any rifle in a long time, so it felt heavy at the time. After receiving my G36C, his gun felt a little lighter.

Thank you for pointing that out.

As far as the pot metal thing. The VA MP5 appears to be cheap metal. It scratches very easily which ruins the cool appearance of the gun. (it does not look "battle worn.") The metal feels good, but it does not feel as strong as my G36C. I wouldn't be surprised if the gun's metal frame broke if it was dropped on cement.

As far as the battery, the A4 battery goes in the STOCK. For the A5 version, the battery goes in a fore grip mounted to the RIS rail. GET THE A4 OVER A5.

My friend's A4 VA MP5 mentioned above has some battery connectivity issues. The battery was plugged in, but the gun would not shoot. He jiggled the wires a little and it worked after that. I have read about another person having the same problem. (it's no big deal, but it does freak you out when your gun won't shoot)

I would get the G&G MP5. It will last longer and will probably perform better. Remember FPS isn't everything.

If the G&G is a little too expensive, I would get an E1 G36C.

Also, the ROF on the VA MP5 is good, but not great. (My G36C shoot a lot faster)

Get the G&G

DO NOT QUOTE LONG POSTS AND LEARN TO USE THE DARN EDIT BUTTON.

-OMD

Last edited by on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
newbatairsoft
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
newbatairsoft

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations   Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:36 pm

Also, if anyone is concerned about the fps being too high on the e1 vector mp5's, it can be fixed. If you do not want to do it yourself you can probably get your local store to replace the spring with a stock TM spring or something or other to lower the fps and most likely raise the ROF. But, it will cost you at least $20 for the spring.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations   Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:37 pm

newbatairsoft wrote:
Also, if anyone is concerned about the fps being too high on the e1 vector mp5's, it can be fixed. If you do not want to do it yourself you can probably get your local store to replace the spring with a stock TM spring or something or other to lower the fps and most likely raise the ROF. But, it will cost you at least $20 for the spring.

Most people don't have local airsoft store, so in most cases, this is not an option.

I wish I had a local airsoft store.
Back to top Go down
rellify3
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2
rellify3

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations   Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 10:24 pm

I had to go with the echo 1 mp5, but go with the a4 not j (bigger battery capacity)
Back to top Go down
http://shattered.crash-concept.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations   Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for new mp5 need reccomendations
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Reports :: Forum :: AEG Discussion :: Automatic Electric Airsoft Guns :: Mid End AEGs-
Jump to: