Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KWA AEGS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AirsoftMan
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
AirsoftMan

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-12-31

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 7:12 pm

Hi, my name is Eric, and my son and I are just getting into airsoft. I am a computer programmer by trade, and decided I needed a hobby.

Money is not an issue-though I would like to keep it under $500 for each of us.

I was looking at a KWA M4 for myself, and their G36 for my son.(He is 14, and an avid baseball and football player).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoft.com
OvermedicateD
Master Gunnery Sergeant E-9

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-05-28

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 7:29 pm

KWA AEG's are internal beasts. Externally I can't say.

If you are interested in M4's, you have 3 good choices. ICS M4, G&G M4, and KWA M4.

ICS M4:

Pros:
Aluminum body
split gearbox

Cons:
Lowest stock FPS of the 3 (may not be a con for some players)
worst internals of the 3
Low compatibility with aftermarket gearboxes, and hop ups. (correct me if i am wrong sgt.)

G&G GR-16(M4)

Pros:
Machined magnesium alloy body
High stock FPS
great internals
high rof
cheapest of the 3
cool trades
tightbore stock

cons:
charging handle doesn't open the dust cover.

KWA M4:

Pros:
Best internals of the 3
highest FPS of the 3

Cons:
Ok quality body
average at best accuracy
Back to top Go down
AirsoftMan
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
AirsoftMan

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 7:32 pm

So it looks like I should go with the G&G?
And does the accuracy issue apply to the G36?
Back to top Go down
OvermedicateD

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 7:35 pm

Any of the 3 M4's would be a good choice. Stay away from the Classic Army M4's, or M15's as CA calls them.

I'm sorry, I can't speak for the G36.

If you want a G36, go with a trusted one such as a JG G36C.
Back to top Go down
AirsoftMan
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
AirsoftMan

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 7:37 pm

Ok, thanks for your help.

I read that the KWAs are "lipo" ready.
What does that mean?????
Back to top Go down
OvermedicateD

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 7:44 pm

Well lets try to not get off topic, but in a nutshell this means that they can take a Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery without any internal upgrades or modifications.

Most LiPo batterys made for airsoft guns are 3 cell, 11.1v batterys. Most airsoft guns can only take a 9.6v battery without frying the internals.

I would recommend that you stay away from LiPos, the ROF is so good that you will chew through your magazines in seconds.

Just stick to a 9.6v, and that should give you a good cyclic rate of about 1000RPM.
Back to top Go down
Python
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-02

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 9:22 pm

Python, this is a warning. If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread, that is worthy of posting, and is on topic, do not post it.

-OmD
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgi.com
UwS-Patriot
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
UwS-Patriot

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-09-15

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 10:26 pm

Hello Airsoftman, allow me to recommend some replicas for you.
Since non have asked this yet I will. How do you plan to play? Will you be going to skirmish fields or playing in your backyard?

If playing at professorial fields I would recommend the KWA and GnG line of replicas. If backyard is your plan try using JG and Boyi replicas.

Also, if these will be your first replica purchases dont go all out on them, what if you do not like this MilSim after your first game?

High End Replicas Recommended
M16 by GnG
M4 By GnG
Mp5 By ICS
M4 By ICS
M4 By KWA
G36 By KWA

Now for the KWA's accuracy being lower than the GnG is because KWA does not include tight bores in stock condition. If you were to upgrade to a 6.04mm tight bore barrel, the accuracy would be the same if not higher.
Back to top Go down
http://AirsoftReports.com
AirsoftMan
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
AirsoftMan

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 10:29 pm

Well, I did a lot more research and have almost decided to get these AEGs. As for the accuracy issue OvermedicateD, where you referencing this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUTjpdZw3s

I was put off by the accuracy at first, but the guy said he was just doing it for the groupings, without it sighted in.

I also did much more research about batteries. I dont want to put a lipo in, so I am thinking about a 10.8. I would make a double nunchuck off the site OvermedicateD showed me, www.cheapbatterypacks.com.

The only concern I have is that it might not fit.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-09-29

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 7:50 pm

Airsoftman,

welcome to ASR!

Glad to hear you and your son are getting into the sport!

My commentary will not add much, the mods have done an excellent job of summarizing the points.

I will say that the CA G36C has proven itself to be a reliable shooter with great ammo cap and easy to access bat compartment.

In light of the fact that $ is not a limiting factor for you, I will say that you can purchase NEARLY any airsoft model mentioned and upgrade/tune the way you would like.

That said, I beleive you would not be ill served by sampling the different models and perhaps starting with several Mid priced automatic Electric airsoft Gun or MPEG instead of merely two higher priced AEGs.

The reason I say this, is that it will take a little while for you to find your gun of choice.

Undoubtedly, you and your son will discover which models feel/look the best to you and of course, having one or two extra AEGs lying around means you might be able to have pick up games with friends etc...

As for models, the M4 and G36 are always popular, but you might take a look at an MP5 variant as well. Also, the AK type has proven itself to be both reliable and tough, additionally, it has the added benefit of having the HIGHEST STOCK MAG CAPCITY of any airsoft gun on the market (That I am aware of). In MPEG form , you could easily get all 4, upgraded batteries and high cap mags, for the budget you outlined.

The other benefit of this approach is that most of the upgrades that you buy for the MPEGS will be compatable with the HPEGS, so when you do find your fav, youll be able to take most of the good stuff with you to the new gun.

Regardless of which actual manufacturer you choose, I will say that I feel the G36 series is an excellent place to start.

As I already mentioned, the high mag cap and easy to acccess bat compartment make for relatively trouble free play, especially when you're just getting acquainted with the sport and to top it off, the ability to clamp your stock magazines together (Using small tabs on the sides of each mag) is a very nice touch.

UwS did raise a good point as well, it would be a good idea to determine where you will be playing(What type of environment). In doing so, you may help to narrow your options.

HOWEVER!!!!! DONT TAKE THIS TO MEAN THAT THE AIRSOFT REPLICAS HAVE PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO THE REAL STEEL.

Airsoft ballistics are not what real steel ballistics are, so do not worry about whether the SMG will be able to range an assualt rifle the differences in max effective range are negligible when discussing barrel length differences of less than 6".

Where your environment comes into play is in determining what type of physical porportions are going to give you an advantage in the game.

Ex. An M16 with grenade launcher and suppressor is not likely going to be an optimal choice for CQB. (FYI Faux suppresors add little more than aestetics and provide very little actual sound suppression in airsoft)

If you're style of play involves alot of stalking your target on your stomach or on prone positions, I have found that the MP5 with a standard style mag is not optimal either bc the mag tends to force the gun to be raised off the ground a little higher than the G36 or even the M4.

Another ex is if you play in woods with high brush density.

Vines and dense foliage will snag a long barrel and sometimes can result in damage. (I have found the M4 suffers from this prob quite a bit).

In regards to the conisderation of whether to go MPEG or HPEG:

IF you ARE playing on a pro field and against more advanced players, you may want to have an HPEG or at least a well tuned MPEG.

That extra ROF and the Tight Bore (TB) barrel will definitely be helpful to intimidate (VERY IMPORTANT) out perform/think your opponent.

All the best and good luck with your selection!

P.S. The best advice I can give in Airsoft gun selection is to get the gun you like the look of the best! Generally, if you get a reputable brand, you cant go wrong with any model and its your $ and you have to live with the purchase.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com
Sponsored content

KWA AEGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA AEGS   KWA AEGS Empty

Back to top Go down

KWA AEGS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Reports :: Forum :: AEG Discussion :: Automatic Electric Airsoft Guns :: High End AEGs-
Jump to: