Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig

Go down 
+6
AirsoftMan
PurplePeopleEater
Tsunamiboy77
Tex
theprodigy
sgt. Hartwig
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig Empty
PostSubject: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Table of contents

*For faster scrolling, use Ctrl + F (Apple key+ F, for Macintosh users), then enter the code to the right of the section. This will jump your browser to
the section marked.*

E= Externals
G= Gearbox
C= Conclusion

E1 - Introduction
E2 - First Impressions
E3 - Stock
E4 - Grips
E5 - Sights
E6 - Receiver
E7 - Hop up
E8 - RIS, RAS, or Rails
E9 - Trigger
E10 - Muzzle
E11 - Magazine
E12 - Battery
G1 - Break Down
G2 - Motor
G3 - Piston and Piston Head
G4 - Spring and Spring Guide
G5 - Air Nozzle
G6 - Bucking and Bearing
G7 - Wiring
C1 - Conclusion and Ending Notes

Dboys Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig
Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig IMG_1197

E1 - Introduction

This is a review of the Dboys (or BoyI) RK02. Dboys is an ACM (All China Made) manufacturer whose’ main products are metal bodied M4 and M16 variants. They’ve just recently released a line of Steel bodied AK74 variants, some having real wood hand guards and grips.
The Dboys RK02 is an AK74s, or simply and Ak74 with a skeleton folding stock. It was purchased from www.Pointact.com , along with two short “AK Beta”, or AK sniper type magazines, and another Dboys Ak74 magazine. When i was emailed my Shipping number, i was told that the Dboys AK74 mag was not in stock, and i was refunded my money. Other than that my order went flawlessly as did my first purchase from them. Pointact is a reliable company that specializes in selling ACM AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) inside the USA, for very competitive pricing (if not the best pricing for some models). I highly recommend them.
The RK02 on Pointact was only $113, and for a Steel bodied gun, in my opinion was definitely worth it alone and if it performed well it would be icing on the cake! I found Poinact's shipping to be... a little frankenstein like, they had stapled together several boxes in order to make a box that would surround the RK02’s box, along with my magazines. The RK02’s box itself was quite nice with Dboys “KLS” and “Kalash” logos, and a picture of an AK grip. INside the box was styrofoam covered with a cardboard lay out that kept things in place as well as giving bits of information about where things were located in the box, since the cardboard went over certain things like the battery, charger, and sling. My RK02 came with the already stated battery, charger and sling, along with 1 high capacity (hicap) approximately 600 round magazine, a manual (all in Chinese), a small pack of BBs, and of course the RK02 itself.

E2 - First Impressions

To be honest upon opening the box of the RK02 I was over joyed by the look of my new gun. One thing though that did catch my eye was the size of the flashhider. It had been much larger in circumference than what i had expected, but none the less the rifle looked good. Lifting up the replica i noticed a definite heft to it. This I believe is mostly contributed to its steel body. The guns length with the stock unfolded is 37.25 inches (94.6cm). With the stock folded the gun’s length is 28 inches (71.1cm). The gun is centrally balanced due to the weight being mostly in the body and not in the outer barrel or stock. One interesting thing about Dboys design is that it uses pins instead of screws to hold the body along with other things in place, this is also used in RS (Real Steel) AK models, very realistic.

E3 - Stock

The stock is NICE. Made out of steel (or some ferrous metal). The stock has ZERO wobble or wiggle. The Rk02 has a folding stock. You press a button at the rear of the left side of the gun, and promptly fold it until it clicks on the latch that is also located on the left side. To unfold the stock all you have to do is pull back the latch and unfold the stock into its original position.
I’d say the stock’s effectiveness in stabilizing one’s shot is good. It definitely gets the job done. Though it’s a little uncomfortable due to it being all metal and having no rubber padding at the end of the stock. A small price to pay for getting in an accurate shot.

E4 - Grips

The Rk02 is fitted with the modern AK74 grips, which are made of some polymer on the RS. The ones on the Dboys are also quite nice, because they don’t appear to made of ABS, but nylon fiber or another material of better quality than regular ABS. The grips seems to be made for larger hands, but feel fine in mine. The grips produce no creaks when pressure is applied, another clue that they aren’t made of ABS which is notorious for creaking.
Both the pistol grip, and forward grip are textured. The pistol grip has a nice diamond pattern texture. It’s good for gripping, and stops it from slipping. The forward grip has ridged indentations for one’s fingers to fit into, again to allow grip. My only problem with the RK02’s grips is that the top portion of the forward grip has some movement, but it shouldn't really bother anyone while holding it since it’s the top portion.

E5 - Sights

Because the RK02 is a regular AK replica, it has the common AK iron sights. Both the front and back sights are adjustable. To adjust the front sights you can simply use a pair of pliers to screw it CW or CCW (Clockwise and Counter Clockwise) to increase or decrease the height of the center aperture. In order to adjust the the back sights you simply push in the two buttons on the sides of the sights and slide the piece to to where you want, it should click into place after it has been adjusted. The sights are fairly useful for short ranges but are not 100% accurate. My only problem with the sights is that there is only elevation adjustment, and nothing for side to side, or wind adjustment. If there is i don't know how it works, or where it’s located.

E6 - Receiver

As stated in the introduction, the Rk02’s receiver is constructed of steel. In fact almost everything is steel except the outer barrel and the sights. There are no real trademarks on the RK02, only some serial numbers which are stamped into the steel body in several places.

E7 - Hop-Up *needs updating*

I have yet to take out the hop-up and take a look at it, so i can not say for sure what it is made out of. Though I have found it to be effective. Adjustment of the hop-up is easy and so is accessibility. The hop-up adjustment lever is located behind the the bolt. Once the bolt has been pulled back you can clearly see the hop and the adjustment lever. After a few shots i found that setting it at the “8” mark was best. Note that when i received my gun the hop-up had not been messed with, and also that the highest hop setting is “20”.

E8 - RIS, RAS, Rails

The Rk02 has no RIS, RAS, or rails. But Dboys did provide the AK74 bracket, located on the left side of the gun, so that it is possible to attach an AK scope rail. Also note that the bracket is made of metal but not steel.

E9 - Trigger *needs updating*

The RK02 is fitted with with a metal trigger, though not steel, and a steel trigger guard. Trigger pull and response are both good.
Since the Rk02 is an AK, it has the common AK fire selector. The Rk02 is accurately marked having Russian initials for single and full auto. The selector goes into safe and single fire well since they are at the top and bottom, but sometimes its hard to know whether you've selected full auto because their is no loud click. That’s not to say that it doesn't go into full auto or that it doesn't stay in full auto, in fact it does both quite well, it’s just a little hard to tell if you're in the right position.

E10 - Muzzle

So far with the RK02 this has been my most troublesome part of the gun for me. The flash hider is constructed of CNC machined steel. The first thing i had noticed about the flash hider was that it had been glued on. Not so much of a deal because i was told of a way to break the seal of the glue. I was to boil the muzzle, which consisted of the front AK sights and the flash hider. What ended up happening was that there was an unseen allen screw which tightened on the flashhider. It, when i unscrewed the flash hider, ruined the threading on the outer barrel... What it looks like is that there is an adapter (the glued portion inside the flash hider) for the 14mm threading. Turning CCW might have been helpful or maybe not, i tried twisting both ways with considerable force. It gave when twisting it one way and it was obviously the wrong way. So what I’ll end up doing is a small custom job. I’ll be sanding down the thread, and getting a shorter TB barrel to replace the current one because the flash hider covered up a bit of the inner barrel.
If the thread on my outer barrel were still useable it would be possible to attach another flash hider or suppressor. Though due to the length of the current barrel (approx. 455mm), a faux suppressor would not be acquired or even useful. The RK02 uses the standard AK size barrel so finding a TB for it wont be hard.

E11 - Magazine

The magazine included with the RK02 is an AK74 hicap mag. Which held approx. 450bbs according to the box. The mag was the most disappointing part of this gun. The mag is constricted of all plastic, with only its base being metal, and steel none the less. When i first prepared my gun for its first test fire, i loaded up the mag wound it a few times and popped it in the Rk02’s mag catch with quite a bit of force. So in my first test I thought this isn't so bad. I had to wind it every so often because i couldn't be bothered to wind it all the way. So i finally finished with it and was prepared to put some more rounds into the mag. I pushed on the mag release button (or lever) and tried taking the mag out... it wouldn't budge. So i tried with more and more force, i checked several times to see if I was doing anything wrong, i mean how hard could it be? So eventually I got it out... but the lip that kept the mag in place broke, so now it is useless. Whether this was my fault or that of the manufacturer i don't know, just be aware its tight fit, and you may want to lubricate hinges and springs that are in the open (there was some rust on my mag release lever spring). Luckily i had purchased the JG AK Beta mags, which actually fit, and also the lip on them is metal so it wont break! Make sure though that if you do use the JB Beta mags, that they click in, if it doesn't then its not secured and may not fire properly or it may fall out.
More on the JG AK Beta mags... They are full metal with only the top where the bbs are fed into it being plastic. They are very nice, feed perfectly, and will feed all but about 5 bbs on one full wind. Included with each mag is a winding key which is used to wind the mag by inserting it into a small hole on the right side of the mag and turning the key until it makes a definite final click to show you're done.

E12 - Battery

Included with the RK02 is an 8.4v 1100mah (milli amp hour) stick type battery with 16 gauge wire. The cells used are Dboys brand. For starters the heat shrink on the wiring had not been shrunk, not a big deal but im pointing out the faults. Most important fault is its terrible quality. ROF was low, very low, though i found the battery to be more proficient than the one that Galaxy provided with its Mp5-PDW. The battery is located under the top portion of the receiver, and fits into to portion of the forward grip as well. Though there is only room for a stick type battery, it’s very likely you can fit a battery of 10.8v or larger into this gun, though its not recommended.
Because i had previously owned a Galaxy Mp5-PDW, i had already purchased an extra, better quality, stick type battery from www.cheapbatterypacks.com . It has 1500mah with Elite brand cells, which i highly recommend. The increase of ROF was highly substantial. It had a ROF of about 12-14 with the stock battery, and went up to about 16. If the gun were perfectly shimmed and greased, im sure it would be even higher!

Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig IMG_1195

G1 - Breakdown

The breakdown of the RK02 is quite simple. It mainly consists removing pins, as well as the hand guard and the “L” shaped hop-up spacer. Do break down your Rk02 you will need a hammer, a philips screw driver, and some pliers. First you will want to remove the battery cover. Then you sill want to remove the screw at the bottom of the pistol grip, as well as slide the grip off to reveal the motor and motor cage. Next you will want to remove the screw that holds in the fire selector. You simply have to turn it with you pliers, just be sure you have a good grip on it because the pliers may slip. Last you need to remove the “L” sahped hop-up spacer, simply pluck it out with your fingers and then shift the hop-up unit forward so that the air nozzle from the gearbox is visible. You then are able to remove the gearbox.
To remove the barrel, all you need to do is remove the pins at the front of the reciever, and shift it back and forward until it comes out.

G2- Motor

The motor inlcuded with the RK02 is a standard ACM motor. Nothing spectacular about it. It did though give a nice ROF with such a high velocity. I have since upgraded the motor to a Hich Speed Systema motor. Note that the RK02 uses a short type motor.

G3- Piston/ Piston Head

Both piston and piston head are plastic. They are as well of fine quality and ther is no reason to replace them. I did however swap out the piston head to one that has bearings for reliability.

G4- Spring/ Sprign Guide

The inclided spring was giving me an fps of 350-370 using the poor mans chrono, and after the spring had settled. The spring guide was made of plastic, and had two washers to allow the spring to shift. Again i replaced the spring guide with one a metal one with bearings for enhanced reliability.

G5- Air Nozzle

The Air nozzle is plastic and has a satisfactory seal, i have found no reason to replace it.

G6- Bushings and Shims

The bushings included were a clear plastic. But they were as well 7mm bushings. I have replaced them with metal 7mm bushings with bearings. The stock plastic bushings performed fine, I had put over 10k rounfs through the RK02 with those, so there is no real reason to replace them.
The stock shim job was OK. Though it’s still recommended that you re-shim your gearbox. The shims included are metal.

G7- Wiring

The stock wiring is satisfactory. The wire guage is quite small, perhaps 20guage. I do not plan on rewiring the gearbox simply because i have no experience in doing so.

C- Clonclusion

Fps (0.2g bbs): approx. 370fps

Rate of Fire (8.4v battery): 15-16 rounds per second with stock internals

Accuracy: Accuracy was OK, max effective range is 100 feet. It is possible to hit a man sized target beyond that range, but the spread of bbs is quite large, something like 3 feet from my experience.

To conclude I found the RK02 to be a good buy. I had no problems (internally) with my replica before I upgraded and after I upgraded it. The body of the gun being steel, and the plastic parts being nylon fiber, the externals are top notch. Over all a very durable gun, just as Kalishnakov intended.

Last edited by sgt. Hartwig on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:08 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thartwig
theprodigy
Master Gunnery Sergeant E-9
theprodigy

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:38 pm

That was unexpected where did you get it?
Back to top Go down
https://airsoftreports.editboard.com/profile.forum
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:58 pm

lol, www.pointact.com only $113

if this surprised you then what i get next should also.
Back to top Go down
theprodigy
theprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 10:17 pm

It would be really interesting if you reviewed a SAW. You probably won't but that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Tex
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
Tex

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 8:37 pm

Wow. That gun is cool! I would like one. But i might get the one with the real wood grips. How much was shipping???
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Tsunamiboy77
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 pm

hey i just noticed you dont have a single picture of the entire gun. I tried to show my friend these pictures and there were only parts of the guns combined. Take more pics of the entire gun
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
PurplePeopleEater
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2
PurplePeopleEater

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:48 am

That is a good point.
Try taking the pictures on a white surface to help show the dark guns features. Also some more details please.
Such as fps, range, metall etc....
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 2:27 am

Tex wrote:
Wow. That gun is cool! I would like one. But i might get the one with the real wood grips. How much was shipping???

Shipping was about $13. Not bad, if you decide you want extra mags its best you get them there also, theyre only $8 (just make sure theyre in stock!)

@PPE (purple people eater), All that stuff is coming so hold your horses. I should start next week when i have the time.
Back to top Go down
Tsunamiboy77
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 9:42 pm

at least have 1 photo with the entre gun cus i still dont know what it looks like
Back to top Go down
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 pm

... you couldnt google Ak74? It looks the same...
Back to top Go down
Tsunamiboy77
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 pm

no its harder that way
Back to top Go down
Tex
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
Tex

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:13 am

when will the review be done... I heard this gun was good but also bad, whats it like internally
Back to top Go down
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 1:41 am

...you people are so impatient. Itll be finished by the end of this month depending on how many distractions i have. I have a skirmish friday ill tell ya how i do, along with the first few sections of the review.
Back to top Go down
Tex
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
Tex

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:40 am

Sorry, remember we are the new generation of Americans, we have not patients... hahaha not really, I understand...
Back to top Go down
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 4:25 pm

First part is up. Didnt go to the skirmish unfortunately, our ride bailed on us. Expect more later today.
Back to top Go down
theprodigy
theprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:04 am

Sorry I couldn't point out the mistakes but this makes it easier here is the corrected version Smile

E1 - Introduction

This is a review of the Dboys (or BoyI) RK02. Dboys is an ACM (All China Made) manufacturer whose main products are metal bodied M4 and M16 variants. They’ve just recently released a line of Steel bodied AK74 variants, some having real wood hand guards and grips.
The Dboys RK02 is an AK74u, or simply and Ak74 with a skeleton folding stock. It was purchased from www.Pointact.com , along with two short “Spetsnaz”, or AK sniper type magazines, and another Dboys Ak74 magazine. When i was emailed my Shipping number, i was told that the Dboys AK74 mag was not in stock, and i was refunded my money. Other than that my order went flawlessly as did my first purchase from them. Pointact is a reliable company that specializes in selling ACM AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) inside the USA, for very competitive pricing (if not the best pricing for some models). I highly recommend them.
The RK02 on Pointact was only $113, and for a Steel bodied gun, in my opinion was definitely worth it alone and if it performed well it would be icing on the cake! I found Poinacts shipping to be... a little frankenstein like, they had stapled together several boxes in order to make a box that would surround the RK02’s box, along with my magazines. The RK02’s box itself was quite nice with Dboys “KLS” and “Kalash” logos, and a picture of an AK grip. Inside the box was Styrofoam covered with a cardboard lay out that kept things in place as well as giving bits of information about where things were located in the box, since the cardboard went over certain things like the battery, charger, and sling. My RK02 came with the already stated battery, charger and sling, along with 1 high capacity (hicap) approximately 600 round magazine, a manual (all in Chinese), a small pack of BBs, and of course the RK02 itself.

E2 - First Impressions

To be honest upon opening the box of the RK02 I was overjoyed by the look of my new gun. One thing though that did catch my eye was the size of the flash hider. It had been much larger in circumference than what i had expected, but none the less the rifle looked good. Lifting up the replica i noticed a definite heft to it. This I believe is mostly contributed to its steel body. The guns length with the stock unfolded is 37.25 inches (94.6cm). With the stock folded the gun’s length is 28 inches (71.1cm). The gun is centrally balanced due to the weight being mostly in the body and not in the outer barrel or stock. One interesting thing about Dboys design is that it uses pins instead of screws to hold the body along with other things in place; this is also used in RS (Real Steel) AK models, very realistic.

That was edited
Back to top Go down
AirsoftMan
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
AirsoftMan

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:17 am

Tsunamiboy77 wrote:
well first thing off is... are the Ctl + F actually necessary? I tried to use it and it didnt work for me.

Hold down ctrl and f.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoft.com
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 8:09 am

All of the first section is up! None of it has been edited for typos yet... umm...expect some new picks soon i know a few people wanted one of the entire gun.
Back to top Go down
abram
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
abram

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:05 pm

E1 - Introduction

This is a review of the Dboys (or BoyI) RK02. Dboys is an ACM (All China Made) manufacturer whos’ main products are metal bodied M4 and M16 variants. They’ve just recently released a line of Steel bodied AK74 variants, some having real wood hand guards and grips.
The Dboys RK02 is an AK74u, or simply and Ak74 with a skeleton folding stock. It was purchased from www.Pointact.com ,along with two short “Spetsnaz”, or AK sniper type magazines, and another Dboys Ak74 magazine. When i was emailed my Shipping number, i was told that the Dboys AK74 mag was not in stock, and i was refunded my money. Other than that my oder went flawlessy as did my first purchase from them. Pointact is a reliable company that specializes in selling ACM AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) inside the USA, for very competitive pricing (if not the best pricing for some models). I highly recommend them.
The RK02 on Pointact was only $113, and for a Steel bodied gun, in my opinion was definitely worth it alone and if it performed well it would be icing on the cake! I found Poinacts shipping to be... a little frankenstein like, they had stapled together several boxes in oder to make a box that would surround the RK02’s box, along with my magazines. The RK02’s box itself was quite nice with Dboys “KLS” and “Kalash” logos, and a picture of an AK grip. INside the box was styrofoam covered with a cardboard lay out that kept things in place as well as givng bits of information about where things were located in the box, since the cardboard went over certain things like the battery, charger, and sling. My RK02 came with the alreadt stated battery, charger and sling, along with 1 high capacity (hicap) approximately 600 round magazine, a manual (all in Chinese), a small paack of BBs, and of course the RK02 itself.

E2 - First Impressions

To be honest upon opening the box of the RK02 I was over joyed by the look of my new gun. One hting though that did catch my eye was the size of the flashhider. It had been mucg larger in circumference than what i had expected, but none the less the rifle looked good. Lifting up the replica i noticed a definite heft to it. This I believe is mostly contributed to its steel body. The guns length with the stock unfolded is 37.25 inches (94.6cm). With the stock folded the gun’s length is 28 inches (71.1cm). The gun is centrally balanced due to the weight being mostly in the body and not in the outer barrel or stock. One interesting thing about Dboys design is that it uses pins instead of screws to hold the body along with other things in place, this is also used in RS (Real Steel) AK models, very realistic.

E3 - Stock

The stock is NICE. Made out of steel (or some ferrous metal). The stock has ZERO wobble or wiggle. The Rk02 has a folding stock. You press a button at the rear of the left side of the gun, and promptly fold it until it clicks on the latch that is also located on the left side. To unfold the stock all you have to do is pull back the latch and unfold the stock into its original position.
I’d say the stock’s effectiveness in stabilizing one’s shot is good. It definitely gets the job done. Though it’s a little uncomfortable due to it being all metal and having no rubber padding at the end of the stock. A small price to pay for getting in an accurate shot.

E4 - Grips

The Rk02 is fitted with the modern AK74 grips, which are made of some polymer on the RS. The ones on the Dboys are also quite nice, because they don’t appear to made of ABS, but nylon fiber or another material of better quality than regular ABS. The grips seems to be made for larger hands, but feel fine in mine. The grips produce no creaks when pressure is applied, another clue that they aren’t made of ABS which is notorious for creaking.
Both the pistol grip, and forward grip are textured. The pistol grip has a nice diamond pattern texture. It’s good for gripping, and stops it from slipping. The forward grip has ridged indentations for one’s fingers to fit into, again to allow grip. My only problem with the RK02’s grips is that the top portion of the forward grip has some movement, but it shouldnt really bother anyone while holding it since it’s the top portion.

E5 - Sights

Because the RK02 is a regular AK replica, it has the common AK iron sights. Both the front and back sights are adjustable. To adjust the front sights you can simply use a pair of pliers to screw it CW or CCW (Clockwise and Counter Clockwise) to increase or decrease the height of the center aperture. In order to adjust the the back sights you simply push in the two buttons on the sides of the sights and slide the peice to to where you want, it should click into place after it has been adjusted. The sights are fairly useful for short ranges but are not 100% accurate. My only problem with the sights is that there is only elevation adjustment, and nothing for side to side, or wind adjustment. If there is i dont know how it works, or where it’s located.

E6 - Receiver

As stated in the introduction, the Rk02’s receiver is constructed of steel. In fact almost everything is steel except the outer barrel and the sights. There are no real trademarks on the RK02, only some serial numbers which are stamped into the steel body in several places.
Since the Rk02 is an AK, it has the common AK fire selector. The Rk02 is accurately marked having Russian initials for single and full auto. The slector goes into safe and single fire well since they are at the top and bottom, but sometimes its hard to know whether youve selected full auto becuase their is no loud click. That’s not to say that it doesnt go into full auto or that it doesnt stay in full auto, infact it does both quite well, it’s just a little hard to tell if youre in the right position.

E7 - Hop-Up *needs updating*

I have yet to take out the hop-up and take a look at it, so i can not say for sure what it is made out of. Though I have found it to be effective. Adjustment of the hop-up is easy and so is accesibility. The hop-up adjustment lever is located behind the the bolt. Once the bolt has been pulled back you can clearly see the hop and the adjustment lever. After a few shots i found that setting it at the “8” mark was best. Note that when i received my gun the hop-up had not been messed with, and also that the highest hop setting is “20”.

E8 - RIS, RAS, Rails

The Rk02 has no RIS, RAS, or rails. But Dboys did provide the AK74 bracket, located on the left side of the gun, so that it is possible to attach an AK scope rail. Also note that the bracket is made of metal but not steel.

E9 - Trigger *needs updating*

The RK02 is fitted with with a metal trigger, though not steel, and a steel trigger guard. Trigger pull and response are both good.
Since the Rk02 is an AK, it has the common AK fire selector. The Rk02 is accurately marked having Russian initials for single and full auto. The slector goes into safe and single fire well since they are at the top and bottom, but sometimes its hard to know whether youve selected full auto becuase their is no loud click. That’s not to say that it doesnt go into full auto or that it doesnt stay in full auto, infact it does both quite well, it’s just a little hard to tell if youre in the right position.

E10 - Magazine

The magazine included with the RK02 is an AK74 hicap mag. Which held approx. 450bbs according to the box. The mag was the most dissapointing part of this gun. The mag is constricted of all plastic, with only its base being metal, and steel none the less. When i first prepared my gun for its first test fire, i loaded up the mag wound it a few times and popped it in the Rk02’s mag catch with quite a bit of force. So in my first test I htought this isnt so bad. I had to wind it everyso often because i couldnt be bothered to wind it all the way. So i finally finished with it and was prepared to put some more rounds into the mag. I pushed on the mag release button (or lever) and tried taking tha mag out... it wouldnt budge. So i tried with more and more force, i checked sveral times to see if I was doint anythign wrong, i mean how hard could it be? So eventually I got it out... but the lip that kept the mag in place broke, so now it is useless. Whether this was my fault or that of the manufacturer i dont know, just be aware its tight fit, and you may want to lube hinges and spirngs that are in the open (there was some rust on my mag release lever spring). Luckily i had purchased the JG AK Beta mags, which actually fit, and also the lip on them is metal so it wont break! Make sure though that if you do use the JB Beta mags, that they click in, if it doesnt then its not secured and may not fire properly or it may fall out.
More on the JG AK Beta mags... They are full metal with only the top where the bbs are fed into it being plastic. They are very nice, feed perfectly, and will feed all but about 5 bbs on one full wind. Included with each mag is a winding key which is used to wind the mag by inserting it into a small hole on the lright side of the mag and turning the key until it makes a definite final click to show youre done.

E12 - Battery

Included with the RK02 is an 8.4v 1100mah (milli amp hour) stick type battery with 16 gauge wire. The cells used are Dboys brand. For starters the heat shrink on the wiring had not been shrunk, not a big deal but im pointing out the faults. Most important fault is its terrible quality. ROF was low, very low, though i found the battery to be more proficient than the one that Galaxy provided with its Mp5-PDW. The battery is located under the top portion of the reciever, and fits into to portion of the forwardgrip as well. Though there is only room for a stick type battery, it’s very likely you can fit a battery of 10.8v or larger into this gun, though its not recommended.
Because i had previously owned a Galaxy Mp5-PDW, i had already purchased an extra better quality sticktype battery from www.cheapbatterypacks.com . It has 1500mah with Elite brand cells, which i highly recommend. The increase of ROF was highly substantial. It had a ROF of about 12-14 with the stock battery, and went up to about 16. If the gun were perfectly shimmed and greased, im sure it would be even higher!

some spelling mistakes and other stuff nice review btw
Back to top Go down
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDC_F-CK-1_Ching-kuo
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 8:42 am

OK, now all 12 parts of the first section is done, and has been spell checked.im not sure when ill start the next part though... Since it is gearbox work...
Back to top Go down
Tsunamiboy77
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:51 am

hey did u delete what i said?... some pretty good comments that i said there. put in a full picture(at least 1). and all that other stuff i added about the fps, rof, used in battle. cmon sgthartwig. these are good ideas. i see uve fixed the contrl f problem

wow i just read the updates and ive gotta say its a pretty good review. best one uve made so far. cant wait for mp5. how much linger till that comes out?

one last thing. any shiping on cheapbatterypacks.com? is it a good website with good products?

Last edited by sgt. Hartwig on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : triple post? seriously?)
Back to top Go down
PurplePeopleEater
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2
PurplePeopleEater

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:18 am

Firstly I like your format, very unique. I have never before seen a review set up like that. (table of contents)

Good job with that one.

Now as for the review itself it seems pretty solid so far, but you need to add some on the gearbox and pictures after each section would help alot.
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:22 am

@ Tsunami
1. the things youve asked for will be added with the rest of the parts of the review. Things such as fps, rof and what not are in another section of the review which have not been added yet. FYI there was never a "control f problem", just a problem with following instructions.

2. It will be started when this review is finished; i may start it earlier if i cant finish this one sooner than i want.

3. Shipping is about $7, i would recommend their products, and i find them to be a excellent airsoft battery retailer. (if you buy from them, i recommend using the Elite cells!)

@PPE
The review guide is excellent. It was created by a an old member on here who left. If youd like to see it i will PM it to you. Internals will be covered trust me. Today, sadly, i found it had plastic bushings Sad
Back to top Go down
theprodigy
theprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 8:47 am

sgt. Hartwig wrote:

3. Shipping is about $7, i would recommend their products, and i find them to be a excellent airsoft battery retailer. (if you buy from them, i recommend using the Elite cells!)
Shipping is $7 because they ship priorty shipping, which means you get your stuff in less than a week no matter where you live in the U.S. Might be different for Alaska and Hawii. I got my battery in two days and I live in NC and they're in Oregon so shipping is really fast.
Back to top Go down
Darko
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 4:31 am

I wanted to add that it's AKS74, not AK74s. The magazine is correct to the '74' style, it's supposed to be plastic; instead of the orange-ish red "bakelite", it's black "polymer". It's odd that the lip broke. I've never seen that problem with any 5.46×39mm type mag, ever. Nylon is incorrect for a '74', I wished they made it from a stronger ABS...

Are the selctor switch markings in Cryillic or are they just marked 'AB and OA'?

No suprise on the plastic bushings, Dboys internals are utter garbage...
Back to top Go down
http://gun.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig   Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig Empty

Back to top Go down

Kalash Rk02 Review By: Sgt. Hartwig
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next