Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KWA M4 Hop up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
erric288
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
erric288

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-04-04

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 12:29 am

I just wanted to know if it has a metal one piece hop up, because I know it is has a full metal body.(Might buy it soon)
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 2:01 pm

No, it has a plastic hop up. It is a different design than other M4s, so it also has a different nozzle. If you want to switch hop up units, you must swap out the nozzle also.

According to KWA, this design gives better compression, but it also is hard to get a barrel and bucking to fit. (I suggest a promy barrel and stock bucking with an H nub. That combo almost always works)

This and the fact that they have trouble with midcaps drove me away from KWA. Some work for some, others not at all. I wasn't about to risk 50+ on mags that might not even work.....

I'd rather have one of these
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_107&products_id=3434

KWAs are very nice internally, but they are over rated. They are not "indestructible" as some people say. They are great guns, but just stay away from lipos. A 9.6v gives you around 20 rps which is plenty fast.
Back to top Go down
erric288
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
erric288

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 12:09 am

I usually use high caps anyway. So, to improve the accuracy/range/fps get the H nub with the stock bucking and a Prometheus 6.03 TB barrel.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 2:53 pm

Yep, you got it
Back to top Go down
erric288
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
erric288

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:24 am

Thanks for the help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:10 am

Yep, glad I could help

You might want to get the 407mm length barrel. The KWA M4A1 barrel is like 394mm instead of 363mm. According to posts on the KWA forum, (kwausa.com) the barrel barely sticks out of the outer barrel, so it will be fine if you have the flash hider on.
Back to top Go down
RoboFURY
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
RoboFURY

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2007-07-22

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:43 pm

I got the standard M4 size barrel, whatever that is, and it works out fine. Better than fine. Oh, and the mags I have were like 18 bucks each. They came highly recommended from AEX. They are midcaps. They work Great. But other than that, I almost agree with you on everything else Very Happy Hop up is plastic. It is a pain to find a bucking that will fit, best to stay with stock. And there is really no need to use a Lipo, it preforms great with a 9.6v. 22 rps fully charged. 16 rps halfway charged

Ha ha, that reminds me, last time I was at my field, some kid with a KWA was using a Lipo for like four hours and the battery actually started to sizzle. After a while, half of the battery was melted away. luckily he took it out before it melted into the gun.

But I digress. You get the point.
Back to top Go down
http://swt.clangrid.com
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:36 pm

RoboFURY wrote:
I got the standard M4 size barrel, whatever that is, and it works out fine. Better than fine. Oh, and the mags I have were like 18 bucks each. They came highly recommended from AEX. They are midcaps. They work Great. But other than that, I almost agree with you on everything else Very Happy Hop up is plastic. It is a pain to find a bucking that will fit, best to stay with stock. And there is really no need to use a Lipo, it preforms great with a 9.6v. 22 rps fully charged. 16 rps halfway charged

Ha ha, that reminds me, last time I was at my field, some kid with a KWA was using a Lipo for like four hours and the battery actually started to sizzle. After a while, half of the battery was melted away. luckily he took it out before it melted into the gun.

But I digress. You get the point.

This is a really old topic lol

The reason why that lipo failed was because he used it too long. As soon as lipos to lose there charge, you stop using them.
Back to top Go down
RoboFURY
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
RoboFURY

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2007-07-22

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Oh, its new to me ( :
Back to top Go down
http://swt.clangrid.com
Sponsored content

KWA M4 Hop up Empty
PostSubject: Re: KWA M4 Hop up   KWA M4 Hop up Empty

Back to top Go down

KWA M4 Hop up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Reports :: Forum :: AEG Discussion :: Automatic Electric Airsoft Guns :: High End AEGs-
Jump to: