Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This forum was once great...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Camstang
Private E-1

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-18

This forum was once great... Empty
PostSubject: This forum was once great...   This forum was once great... EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Lets make it come back..post some questions or stories
Back to top Go down
http://Pavementsucks.com
Camstang
Private E-1

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: This forum was once great...   This forum was once great... EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:44 am

Okay, here is my introduction...

I am eighteen years old currently living at home with my parents in Arizona for the past six years. We moved here from Indiana, fathers work moved, and we must always go where the work is.

My main hobby is off roading, or my passion. I started as a little kid, about 4 or 5 by riding with my father on our John Deer lawn mower. Hey, for a little kid..it is pretty fun. I remember putting it on "Rabat" mode ( high speed ) and pretending to be racing in a off road competition...go figure. Well, enough about red neck tractors.

At around 10 I got promoted to my first four wheeler and a trip in Lineville, Indiana, one of the largest off road parks in the US. Here I made some of my first critical mistakes...lucky to be alive actually.

My first lesson was to not turn the well sharply when going down hill...the results are not the best. For those who are not familiar...I rolled the quad about six times and landed directly on a pointed rock. Thankfully neither me nor the quad where damaged, but my helmet was toast! The entire right side was completely compacted and destroyed.

My second lesson, though not as severe, was to not come around corners in high speed when you don't know where they end. After taking a corner about 20MPH I find myself playing chicken with a small tree. Needless to say...I hit this tree and launched myself head over feet into the air...landing about 15 feet from the quad. Again, nothing was damaged.

The last lesson learned that day was actually geared towards my father more...why you don't stop at the bottom of a very steep hill. The right side was a mountain and left side was a 50' feet drop off, so you can only go straight down this particular hill. Getting to the top was cake, but down was hell. First goes down my father, after a few seconds he waves to follow, so I do. However, like an idiot, he decides to stop at the bottom of hill to look back to see if I made it down...We can all picture what happened here.. Again..nothing was damaged.

I could go on for ages about my horrible off road experiences, but that's not the point of this forum. I would love to share an awesome air soft story with you all...but I have none!

Lets here something about you guys.

( I know this is off topic...but it is better than no topic right..?? )
Back to top Go down
http://Pavementsucks.com
bioniclebert
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: This forum was once great...   This forum was once great... EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Nice to have you here Camstang! I too hope that this forum becomes home to many other airsofters in 2010, as it used to be.

Aside from airsoft, I am a an aspiring Computer Engineer at the University of Buffalo. I like programming, making and playing video games, and building electronics.

As far as airsoft stories go... I have a whole bunch that usually involve one of my friends breaking somebody's gun that they borrowed. I just could not ever understand how somebody will be using a gun fine for hours, and then lend it to somebody else and within 5 minues of a round it's broken somehow. (Broken tappet plates, terrible jamming, battery issues, motor height adjustments, totally broken-off stocks, etc.)

There's a lot of fun to be had with airsoft. I hope this year I, and others, will have plenty of stories to share.

-Bob.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~robertsz/
Admin
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: This forum was once great...   This forum was once great... EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:18 am

Oh yea of little faith...

Seriously, though, I have been absent a good long time and that will change somewhat now.

I am not as active in my airsoft reviewing as I originally was, but that doesn't mean I'm out of the game.

I will be adding a link on the main website to this forum to improve the traffic flow.

Welcome Gamstang!
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com
Admin
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: This forum was once great...   This forum was once great... EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:44 am

Also, for your IMing pleasure, the chat box is back...don't abuse it.

Also, "Forum" now finds itself in the main webpage nav bar so that will undoubtedly bring in some new faces...treat them nicely!
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This forum was once great...   This forum was once great... Empty

Back to top Go down

This forum was once great...
Page 1 of 1