UHC M9 Review:
i bought the UHC M9 off of www.Shortyusa.com.
although they dont have the best prices they are pretty reliable and good with shipping. i paid $19.99 for the gun and bought two spare magazines because the gun has a really low magazine capacity. the spares cost $6.99 each. i recieved the gun about 3 days later and when i opened the box i was surprised how heavy it was do to the fact that most springers i have held were not weighted. some problems i have noticed with the gun are as follows-cons-
1. the device on the right side of the gunmoves when ever you pull the trigger. it makes a very annoying squeking noise whenever it moves but some lube will fix the problem.
2. the sights on the gun are fine, but the gun isnt dead on with the aiming so aiming the gun is not the best thing to do, its better to try and "guesstimate" where the bb will go and adjust accordingly.also the sights are not adjustable.
3. there are these weird red dots on either sides of the gun(these might be on the real steel version of this gun but do not look good on this)
4. sometimes when you load the gun more than one bb will go into the barrel and will be jammed. you can tell when this happens because the slide will not move all the way forward. this is easily fixed by pulling the slide all the way back and the shaking the gun upside down until all the uneeded bbs fall out.
5. the magazine capacity on this gun is very small. the magazine that comes with it can hold up to 21 rounds. but it gets very hard to load the bbs after you load about 16. the spares hold only 15 and are very hard to load. also the spare mags do not fit in the gun as well and when put in they do not make a positive "click" when put in the gunand seem looser than the original. also somethimes the mag can misfeed even though this is a spring wound magazine(not a hi-cap). this problem only occurs with the spare magazines.
6. the safety is a little confusing for some people. you have to pull the lever on the back of the gun then push the lever above the trigger on the left side up.the down right ugly-
1. nothing that i really that bad. the orange tip doenst look good but theres nothing to do about that.
ok now this might make the gun look very bad but these are actually very minor problems that really dont affect the performance too much.now for the good points about this gun.pros-
1. this gun is pretty accurate even though the sights are off. i can shoot a head sized target from 30ft away pretty easily.
2. the power on this gun is very good. it usually goes about 275 fps with a .12 bb. .2's increase accuracy but then the gun only hoots about 220 fps and for some reason the guns speed then lowers with the .12's. i used some .2's in it and then some .12's and the speed decreased somehow. also, as with most guns, if you leave the gun cocked for too long the spring will become compressed and speed will be lowered. so dont leave it cocked for too long.
3. it looks very real from a distance and up close wich many people will like including myself. normal wear and tear on the gun makes these scratches on the edges of the gun for even more realism.
4. the weight on this gun feels nice and almost like the real steel one. this also makes the gun feel very sturdy wich is a good thing.
5. this gun is a very durable gun if you dont abuse it. throwing/droping on rocks and such will eventually break it. but that happenes with most guns.stats-
-275 fps (about) with .12/ 220 fps (about) with .2
-about 100ft of effective range
-weighes 3 pounds (about)
-holds 21 rounds in standard mag and 16 in spares-groupings-
-please note I do not have actual targets but I am using objects at certain distances-
-20ft- can hit a bird feeder with ease.
-50ft-can engage a human sized object 3/5 of the time
-75ft-can hit a human sized object 1/5 of the time
-100ft-not recomended, but can still hit get a hit, 3/20 of the time
i would recomend that you engage anything from 75ft or less if you want to hit it without taking too many shots.overall-
over all this is a very good gun for a very good price and i use it as a back up to my ECHO 1 M4A1 Carbine and it has served me well for about a year now and it still is going strong no real flaws or anything. i recomend that you get it, it is one of the best Spring Pistols out there so if you are looking for a decent side arm or a look-cool kinda gun then this is your best bet.
if there is anything else you would like to know about this gun please feel free to ask but i think i covered everything. happy hunting!