Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well "R4" MP7

Go down 
+4
theprodigy
Captain Crunch
Airsoftguy
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-09-29

Well "R4" MP7 Empty
PostSubject: Well "R4" MP7   Well "R4" MP7 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 1:20 pm

This will be the subject of one of our up and coming videos.

This is the 2 cent preview.

Well R4 MP7 - $60-80.

First, I really like the MP7 body style and so went into this test with high hopes.

Unfortunately, I was left wanting in a few departments, though there were some things that I enjoyed.

First, this AEG is hybrid, somewhere between automatic pistol and submachine gun. As such, in airsoft applications it is inherently limited in its ability to perform.

The gear box, battery and magazine had to be shoe horned into a very small space.

Therefore, stock performance was around 250 fps with relatively low RPM.

Also, the battery life was obviously quite short in light of the tiny size. (7.2v 450 mah) It was actually about 2/3 of a standard twix package.

The battery compartment seemed clever at first but continuously resulted in the contacts getting bent. (The battery "snaps" into place much like cordless drill battery chargers).

The trigger is quite disappointing and spongy with little tactile feedback. (Feels like pressing a dirty or jammed mouse trigger). There is almost not "Click" when firing.

Magazine is hard to load w/o speed loader (But it feeds well).

CHarging handle = the worst quality charging handle that I have EVERY seen. It is flimsy dollar store plastic that does not lock back and makes no cool sounds.

the good:

Battery compartment is quite an ingenious location. They did the best with what they had, failing the contacts issue. The front of the barrel assembly actually pops off after pushing in a button just behind the barrel tip on the bottom of the gun.

Also, if you do not have the guns safety on, the battery will not go into the compartment. (A very nice nod to safety by the designers).

ALthough I dont like the feel of the trigger, it does have the "Glock" like safety shoe that helps prevent un intentional firing. (Always good to be safe).

From the info I have compiled online, the Well, model does a pretty decent job of imitating the TM version. Therefore, many of the problems I have cited are not so much the fault of Well (Or whomever actually makes this model), but rather TM. (If that is any consolation).

The sights on the gun are very "Cool" but of course with the limited range and RPM, more for show than anything. still, they flip up to give you some variety and they are reminiscent of some new AUG flip sights.

Magazine release is both good and bad, but I place it in good bc it did its job pretty well. It is identical to the USP mag releases and is ambidextrous.

Its a little hard to reach, but you get used to it quickly.

There are two RIS rails on either side.

Range was not too good. THough I have not officially measured, my guess would be, that 100' feet would be reaching the MAX range of the MP7.

The magazine (Stored in the handle) is easy to load and feeds well but is a
BEAR to load w/o a loading tool or speed loader!

Also, it holds a relatively modest 30-35 bbs which are expended in a few trigger pulls.

(Hi caps are available).

The Collapseable stock is very nice, locking back easily.

OK, wrapping up:

I am a huge fan of small and compact airsoft guns.

This model has many shortcomings, BUT, with some TLC, know how and a few upgrades, this could be a serious contender.

Hi-cap magazine
Tight Bore barrel
Upgraded hop up
Larger battery (Will require creativity but there are kits avail)
Re-enforced internals.

With these upgrades, it would be reasonable to expect improved ROF and FPS (280-310).

However, if you plan on keeping it stock, I would seriously consider it as a back up. I would not take this mini AEG to a fight with anything full sized.

If someone asked me if I recommended this model, I would be hesitant. Especially if this is going to be their one and only airsoft gun. (Its too underpowered and will not really be able to "Run" with the bigger (Gearbox/battery) AEGs.

BUT! If you have the time, money and skill, you might try it and make it a "Sleeper" that will take the field by surprise!

Maybe its more of a 3 cent review Smile

Video to come probably in the first week of Dec. 2007!

Regards!
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com
Airsoftguy
Captain
Captain
Airsoftguy

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-06-16

Well "R4" MP7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well "R4" MP7   Well "R4" MP7 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 1:32 pm

I have a friend who is thinking about this gun, so I am really looking forward to the video!
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgates.clictopics.com/index.htm
Captain Crunch
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
Captain Crunch

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Well "R4" MP7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well "R4" MP7   Well "R4" MP7 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Cool, I'm also looking forward to the video.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftzone.forumotion.com
theprodigy
Master Gunnery Sergeant E-9
theprodigy

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Well "R4" MP7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well "R4" MP7   Well "R4" MP7 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 6:17 pm

I like the refrence to a twix package lol, but yeah I am also looking foward to the video
Back to top Go down
https://airsoftreports.editboard.com/profile.forum
a9b8
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
a9b8

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Well "R4" MP7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well "R4" MP7   Well "R4" MP7 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:47 pm

I looking forward to the reveiw page working on the website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp
UwS-Patriot
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5
UwS-Patriot

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Well "R4" MP7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well "R4" MP7   Well "R4" MP7 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Well written Admin.
I also, am looking forward to seeing this video you are currently working hard on. Amazed you find all this time.

To those who have noticed, I have seen a small absense from the forum, I have been busy OCing a Intel E2140, as of now, I am up to 2.5GHz and highly anticipating the 3GHz mark. If you are experienced on the Core 2 Quad series please send me some info, a good debate never hurt. Intel >......>AMD ( Send info via PM )
Back to top Go down
http://AirsoftReports.com
SecretWeapon
Staff Sergeant E-6
Staff Sergeant E-6

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Well "R4" MP7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well "R4" MP7   Well "R4" MP7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 12:07 am

Well put. I bought this gun a few months back and I feel the EXACT same way about everything you said. The hicaps are definately the way to go (I use TM ones and they work perfect and dont take any effort to load). I thought the range would be better but the hop up is not that effective at all. You can turn the wheel to both extremes and see little difference. The rate of fire is worse than expected as well giving off maybe 2-3 rounds a second. The iron sights on mine are not accurate so i got a cheap red dot and now I can take a can out at about 50 feet without much trouble. Its DEF a cqb weapon. Again, Konrad tells the truth about this gun. If you have the money, get the TM version, otherwise I'd seriously hesitate on a buy unless you want a project gun. Cant wait for the vid. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idonthaveone.com
abram
Corporal E-4
Corporal E-4
abram

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Well "R4" MP7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well "R4" MP7   Well "R4" MP7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 6:40 am

same here
i cant wait