Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My experience with Evike

Go down 
+4
fdsakiller
sgt. Hartwig
mp5a5ris
Reynolds
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Reynolds
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-05-13

My experience with Evike Empty
PostSubject: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:17 am

I ordered my G&G RK-47 on November 5th and it got here the 26th. 21 DAYS!!! Once I got it I went to shoot it and it kept jamming, so I unjammed it and went back to my backyard. I shot 2 or 3 more times then the motor starts making these weird noises. I called Evike and they said put in an RMA Request. I did exactly that and they didn't respond. I called again and I got my RMA#. I shipped it back the next day which was the 7th of December, and it got there the 12th. They called me back the day it got there and said there was a screw missing and that I was doing work on the internals, which I was not. They asked me If I had the screw and I said no, and then they said we will call back later about the repairs. So today I called again and it was still being worked on. I was put on hold for 10 minutes because he was going to talk to his technician. He comes back and says it isn't complete yet. Then he starts telling me the stuff that he put in there which was a new metal body for $100, supposedly it was cracked which must've been UPS's fault, a new piston and some other gearbox stuff he said will cost $60. I asked why am I being charged for this? It's under warranty. He said that I agreed that It was my fault it was broken and that I was working on the internals. I said I didn't open it up, and he said my technician said you did. I said No, I dont know how to do that kind of stuff. Then he says my tech is not here right now and we will give you a call early next week.

I had my mom call the credit card company, and they are sending us some paperwork to fill out. The whole process will take about a month which is just awesome.

I really wish I would've reocrded this phone call because Evike AMAZES me.
Back to top Go down
mp5a5ris
Sergeant E-5
Sergeant E-5

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 3:04 am

Last edited by mp5a5ris on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sgt. Hartwig
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel
sgt. Hartwig

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 3:18 am

Contact the BBB, if it gets too out of hand. They ought to help, or atleast scare evike into getting what you want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thartwig
fdsakiller
First Lieutenant
fdsakiller

Number of posts : 950
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:58 pm

that never happened to me, in evike, but that happened to me with my ECHO1 M4A1 with precision airsoft, two days after I got it the stock fell of, not the stalk piece, the bar inside it to, I called them they said pay a hundred dollars and they will fix, it, (expensive labor) and the handel became loose, I think the easiest way is to not mess with them and just get another gun, and take apart the old one and see if you can fix it
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftextreme.com
bioniclebert
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Two tips, really:

Order from a trusted retailer: Airsplat, Airsoft GI. Both have excellent feedback. Evike is notorious for such inconsistencies in customer service.

Number two:
I wouldn't blame Evike for the problem made by G&G. Sure they sent you the product, but it wasn't like they bought a G&G gun, broke it, and then sent it to you. I'm not defending evike whatsoever but if the gun's broken when it's sent to you, I'm willing to bet it was like that before the retailer even got it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~robertsz/
Reynolds
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 9:08 pm

I never said it was there fault when I talked to them. I think they should have called me when they found out the body was cracked, because it wasn't cracked when I had it. It must have been damage during shipping and they could have contacted UPS about it.

FdsaKiller The gun is in there hands now so I can't do anything with it.

My parents contacted the credit card company to file a claim and they are sending us paperwork to fill out. I am really hoping to get my money back, so I don't have to wait until summer to get a job and start airsofting again. I'm not sure if I should get another G&G after my experience with them. I was thinking about get a CA, but people on other forums say G&G's are great. Maybe I just had a lemon?

Last edited by on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RoboFURY
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
Gunnery Sergeant E-7
RoboFURY

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Yeah, evike sent me a faulty AK-47, not to mention, it was the wrong brand. My first AEG. And because of them, i no longer have any 160$ or a AEG. Or any Airsoft guns for that matter.
Back to top Go down
http://swt.clangrid.com
Airsoftguy
Captain
Captain
Airsoftguy

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Ok, I am officially anti evike now.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgates.clictopics.com/index.htm
Reynolds
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 7:50 pm

I just filed a complaint on the BBB website. This is right off of the BBB website

"Our complaint history for this company shows the company gave proper consideration to complaints presented by the Bureau."

Maybe evike will give me my money back. There were 25 other complaints filed, so I'm guessing they were all resolved.
Back to top Go down
emokid
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Well evike has a bad rep. for not emailing the customer that it is out of stock, and also they don't mark some out of stock. It happened to me a few times. My friend has this problem, he is still waiting for his to come, the silencer he ordered is out but it wasn't marked. Ordered before christmas.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoft-authority.forumotion.com/index.htm
fdsakiller
First Lieutenant
fdsakiller

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 4:40 am

I think it is best to just go to a local store, because even in trusted sellers, they still will sometimes send you the lemon
Back to top Go down
emokid
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 8:19 am

They can't help sending a lemon, unless they test it and then give it to you to get it out of their store.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoft-authority.forumotion.com/index.htm
Reynolds
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 7:25 pm

fdsakiller wrote:
I think it is best to just go to a local store, because even in trusted sellers, they still will sometimes send you the lemon

I don't have a local airsoft retailer.

That is why I am going to buy from Airsoft GI because they test their guns before shipping out.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fdsakiller
First Lieutenant
fdsakiller

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 7:36 pm

Oh really I never knew that
Back to top Go down
Reynolds
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 2:07 am

This is right off of the ASGI website

"We Test out all AEG and GBB before leaving our shop to insure the product is functional."

Sorry about double posting but no one would have seen this post. Evike called me today and said they will send me the gun with no charges for the repairs. The only thing is, last night I ordered the G&G MP-5 off of Airsoft GI. I will be able to compare them, put up a review about each of them and then sell one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Evike   My experience with Evike Empty

Back to top Go down

My experience with Evike
Page 1 of 1