Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tightbore barrel for a SCAR?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Two-face
Private E-1
Two-face

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Tightbore barrel for a SCAR? Empty
PostSubject: Tightbore barrel for a SCAR?   Tightbore barrel for a SCAR? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Hey all,

Hope I'm in the right section here for discussion, I'm new to Airsoft and new to the forums.

I did some research on mid-end AEG's and finally decided to go with a Echo 1 SCAR. From most of the reviews I've read and vids I've seen it seems like a decent gun out of the box. I'm really not as concerned about ROF as much as effective distance. I'd like to have decent groupings at 150 ft. and I was wondering if a tight bore barrel would be the answer here. Or if its even possible to have good groupings at that range.

If so, please make some recommendations on a brand, length, if id need a barrel extenstion, things like that, like a said I'm new to it and could really use the advise.

Oh and if anyone has any battery upgrade advise I'd love to hear that too. It has a 8.4v stock and was wondering if it would be better to get a 9.6v or just get a higher mAH 8.4v. Mainly wanting longer battery life. increase ROF would be good too but dont want to shorten my gun life if a 9.6v would do that.

Thanks in advance for the info
Back to top Go down
http://www.precisionairsoft.com
OvermedicateD
Master Gunnery Sergeant E-9

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Tightbore barrel for a SCAR?   Tightbore barrel for a SCAR? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 8:21 pm

For a brand consider Prometheus, they are the gold standard for inner barrels. You would need a MC51 length(285mm) Tightbore to fit into a CQC SCAR. A standard length SCAR uses a M4 length(363mm) tightbore.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Tightbore barrel for a SCAR?   Tightbore barrel for a SCAR? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Good choice for the gun.

From what I hear, the wall chargers that come with the Dboys (same as the E1 SCAR) are terrible and ruin the battery. I would recommend a new battery (9.6v) and such. IDK what the biggest battery it will fit is though.

Cheapbatterypacks.com is an AMAZING place to purchase batteries.

For tightbores, OMD is correct. Prometheus is supposed to be very nice, but I love my Edgi barrel. You can choose the length and even bore size if you want. (6.02-6.04 etc) I went with the 6.01mm barrel. Despite what people say, 6.01mms will NOT jam if you get a "spec of dirt." Using TSD .25s in my SRC G36K with an Edgi 6.01mm TBB, I did not get a single jam and the gun was dirty. (AZ's dirt is very fine is like dust) I cleaned the barrel at home and is was BARELY dirty, even after skirmishing all day. People say brass scratches easier, which is true, but unless you are shooting metal walmart bbs through your gun, it will be fine. Rolling Eyes As with any TBB, use high quality bbs, not walmart or sporting good store bbs.

http://www.edgicustom-usa.com/#aeg_barrels

If you decide to get an Edgi barrel, pick up a Systema bucking, and a SCS. (Shredder's Concave Spacer) The SCS is basically a perfected H nub and I like mine very much. According to the creator of the SCS, Guarder silicone and Systema buckings work the best with the SCS.

Can't go wrong with either brand, but I suggest Edgi because it performs very well and their CS is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Two-face
Private E-1
Two-face

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Tightbore barrel for a SCAR?   Tightbore barrel for a SCAR? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:43 pm

Awesome, thank you guys very much for the info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.precisionairsoft.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tightbore barrel for a SCAR?   Tightbore barrel for a SCAR? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tightbore barrel for a SCAR?
Page 1 of 1