Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-09-29

New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs! Empty
PostSubject: New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs!   New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:47 pm

OK guys,

I know alot of you have had your share of airsoft malfunctions and probably given advice to those who have had similar problems.

I have decided to start a section of Airsoft Reports called "AirsoftMD". The section is designed to provide people with malfunctions, help with their problems.

The idea, is for people to post pictures and video of their issues and have our "Virtual Airsoft Techs" provide advise to help fix the issue.

I am looking for volunteers to become the first such techs.

Based on the number or requests I get on Youtube for help in this regard, my guess is the blog/site will be quite popular and I need grade A help on the project.

If you consider yourself to be skilled (And patient) enough to become an ASMD Tech, then send me a PM with your qualifications.

You will need to have at least disassembled and reassembled one MPEG or higher AEG to be considered for a position.

This is a non-paying position.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Konrad
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com
Turion
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Common Airsoft Issues   New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:10 pm

Common Airsoft Issues
Report by Turion

1) My gun has been dry firing, double feeding, or jammed bbs.My first recommendation is to turn off the hop up; this will give the bb more room to pass through the barrel. Secondly, make sure you are only using the proper bb, and weight. Do not use bbs available at Wal-Mart or other local retail stores that sell low quality ammo. If this still does not fix your issue make sure your magazine is in good working order. Please load the entire mag up, and release the bbs. Watch for anything not normal during this process. Such as sudden rush of bbs or sudden stops. You can also insert a small amount of silicone oil into the mag. Another alternative is to use compressed air to blow out possible dust and other particles. A final step is to replace the hop up rubber. These parts can retail for roughly $10. Keep in mind the rubber must be lined up perfectly.

2) All I can hear is a winding noise and my gun does not fire.
If this happens, somewhere within the gun you have a jam. The first step is try to clear your barrel of any bbs. If a bb is lodged in the loading chamber, it may also be jamming the nozzle. If this part is jammed it will prevent the gun from firing. Use a cleaning rod to push free the barrel.
If you battery was low when you last fired the gun, it may have caused the gearbox to become locked back. Try charging your battery back up to full strength; it may have the power to fix the jam by itself. If this does not work, open up the gun until the top of the gearbox is visible. Here you will find a small hole facing inside the gearbox; insert a small piece of metal is this hole to help the piston reset itself. During that step be pulling the trigger. Once the piston is reset it will spring forward very fast with great force, so be ready and keep clear or any people or animals. The gun may discharge a bb at that time. If this step does not fix this problem please get further help with taking apart the entire gearbox and checking for defective parts and replacing them. Before you do this step I urge you to consult a repair technician either online or via store. To a beginner this can be very confusing and delicate process or repair.

3) When I pull the trigger no sound is made.
First make sure your battery contains enough charge. If the gun / battery are new, please fully charge them first. If this does not fix your problem, check the fuse, this can be found next to the wire where you connect your battery. If the thin metal piece is broken, you need to replace the fuse. If this issue continues to occur you may need to replace the wiring in the gun. But before doing so, make sure the wire is properly connected throughout the gun, and that the trigger is making contact with the gears.

4) My selector switch is not properly working.
Firstly open your gearbox and study how the plate functions. Look for any obvious errors in the assembly. Please take a photograph if possible and post it onto the forum for us to take a look at. If you do not have access to a camera you can easily look up on Google another selector plate of same version, and see if they match. If not, try to make them match by bending small bits of metal if possible. If none of these steps work you may need to purchase a new selector plate.

5) My bbs are curving to the left or right a lot.Please disassemble the barrel assembly and check to make sure the hop up rubber is properly aligned. It must be perfect in order to function correctly.

I have written this small report in roughly 15 minutes as an application for Airsoft MD position. If you have any questions on airsoft repair or about my Article please feel free to ask them here.

Thanks,
--Turion--
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Turion-Group.htm
Admin
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs!   New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:32 am

Turion,

this is good work!

Please see my PM to you on the subject.

ASR fans Turion will be the first contributing editor of the Airsoft MD Blog! Please welcome him in this new capacity!

To anyone else interested in contributing, please feel free to PM me for details!

There is a lot of talent and know how on this blog and I am eager to get all of your excellent voices heard.

We've already had some great reviews from several of you and now Im looking to bring some of your know how to the airsoft public.

Thanks!

Konrad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs!   New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:56 am

Here is the site link.

http://airsoftmd.blogspot.com/

FYI the design is a work in progress. If you guys have suggestions for design and or formatting please feel free to post them here.

Obviously I will be looking for an original medical symbol that coincides with the airsoft theme.

Thanks!

Konrad
Back to top Go down
OvermedicateD
Master Gunnery Sergeant E-9

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs!   New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:28 am

6) My Velocity is poor compared to my expected/normal velocity

Generally this problem is due to poor compression, or the hop up bucking severely malfunctioning.

To rule out the hop up, turn off your hop up and fire a couple rounds, if you notice an improvement in the velocity/range, your hop up bucking is obviously the culprit. Disassemble the hop up unit and make sure the nub is properly placed on its side. Reassemble and test.

If you are still experiencing issues with the velocity regardless of the hop up settings, this can be explained by poor compression. You must open your mechbox, or take the gun to a shop for a gun tech to check your compression for you. To check your own compression, take your piston, and force it into the cylinder(with the cylinder head attached to the cylinder), while blocking the metal nozzle. Depending on your cylinder type, you should either reach near immediate resistance, or resistance when the piston head is past the ports in the cylinder. Air leaks can be caused by bad o-rings on the piston head, and cylinder head. It is always smart to replace stock piston head o-rings with aftermarket #14 size o-rings. If you find you have issues with your compression parts, replace the o-rings, and see if that improves your gun's compression. If not, generally better compression parts are needed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs!   New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 am

Overmedicated has applied for and been accepted as a AS MD Tech.

Please welcome him in this capacity.

Feel free to send me a PM if you wish to apply as well!

Konrad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs!   New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Blog, looking for virtual Airsoft Techs!
Page 1 of 1