Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SRC G36K Mini review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

SRC G36K Mini review Empty
PostSubject: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:27 am

Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:23 pm

Nice. I see that you got your gun =P
Uhh, I have several comments.
The thing attached to the cocking lever is the bolt =P.
You should have got 16 awg wire for your battery pack.
If you know how to solder, you should dean everything up!
Paint your tip black, lol.
I never thought about using a solder ball as a replacement for selector switch ball bearings.
You should get a long bottom rail so you can mount the grip closer.
Other than that, nice mini review!.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/stansalad
Airsoftguy
Captain
Captain
Airsoftguy

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Well, painting the tip black is just a little bit.... illegal.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgates.clictopics.com/index.htm
Annun Cirith
Private First Class E-2
Private First Class E-2

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:10 pm

In all reality, AFAIK it's not. The last I checked, the orange tip is only required to TRANSPORT, not to OWN. I just use an orange barrel plug whenever I travel with my g36c.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shadows_song
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 1:39 am

stansalad wrote:
Nice. I see that you got your gun =P
Uhh, I have several comments.
The thing attached to the cocking lever is the bolt =P.
You should have got 16 awg wire for your battery pack.
If you know how to solder, you should dean everything up!
Paint your tip black, lol.
I never thought about using a solder ball as a replacement for selector switch ball bearings.
You should get a long bottom rail so you can mount the grip closer.
Other than that, nice mini review!.

Ha ha screw you Razz lol jk It's weird, the pressure of the camera just kinda makes your mind go blank. I should have known that Smile

I should have, but I was concerned with space. As deaning things up, I'm a little short on cash and my friends are always using my smart charger, so I don't want to leave them hanging. Yes, they should get their own, but I'd rather be airsoft with my friends than having a nicer gun with nobody to shoot at Smile Plus, if I'm going to rewire to deans, I want to install 16wg wiring and a probably a mosfet. So, it'll have to wait.

Yeah, it's held up great too lol. I just played with the solder, made a ball with a thin piece to fit inside the spring and bam, it works. Saved 7 bucks for a ball bearing. It took me a bit to get the solder the right size, but I did it. Cool

Personally, I like the silver tip. Very Happy I don't have any spray paint and I really do like the silver better, so I'm going to keep it. It makes a unique gun look even more unique. Cool I don't care if it isn't realistic, I think it looks BA. Very Happy

Again, short on cash, so the rail will have to wait. I snapped the bipod leg off too......No The legs are strong, but the point where they attach is weak. Oh well, it was worth the 10 bucks while it lasted. Rolling Eyes The gun is already pretty front heavy, (especially with the rails) so I don't think I will be getting a "real" bipod.

Got my Edgi barrel today. Even though there's is like 20mph wind, the Edgi is still shooting
fairly accurate. It's weird, the wind stops, so I go get my gun
ready.....and then right when I step outside, the wind is howling
again...... ha ha

I can just tell by how amazingly shiny the
outer portion of the barrel is, that it is a nice barrel. I could
seriously look at it for a while Razz I recommend the barrel and their CS is amazing. They really want you to be happy. I can't say that for too many companies other than KWA.

Right now, I have in my gun
Edgi 6.01mm 363mm, teflon taped Systema bucking, E1 black H nub.....and that's it. Very Happy The teflon tape does help a lot and is only like a buck at a hardware store.

Does anyone have a cheap piston and piston they can sell me? The one in my E1 stripped. I was hoping for something like under 12 shipped. If not, it's all good, I can get this.

http://weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=949

It's cheap, it's decent, and I can use the cylinder. I have ZERO compression with my E1, even after I replaced the O ring... Maybe the O rings at Ace are smaller, but still.... ha ha

Thanks for the comments guys and again, sorry about my voice, the camera is mean like that.....

Wow I used a lot of smileys......affraid oh look there goes another one

God bless
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 3:14 am

Lol, I feel for ya man. I am also the local battery charging station. You can make an adapter though =P

If you are not going to buy a real bipod...then you are gonna get a fake one?

Hmm, you should compare the performance of the edgi barrel against the stock barrel. Also take some quality photos. I am curious.

To help with your compression problems, make sure you have a good amount of silicone/synthetic grease on your piston head o-ring, cylinder head o-ring, and your cylinder head nozzle part.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 3:51 am

stansalad wrote:
Lol, I feel for ya man. I am also the local battery charging station. You can make an adapter though =P

If you are not going to buy a real bipod...then you are gonna get a fake one?

Hmm, you should compare the performance of the edgi barrel against the stock barrel. Also take some quality photos. I am curious.

To help with your compression problems, make sure you have a good amount of silicone/synthetic grease on your piston head o-ring, cylinder head o-ring, and your cylinder head nozzle part.

ha ha I've heard you can't have tamiyas mixed with deans.

I'm actually really disappointed with the performance of my Edgi right now. I'm still getting quite a bit of fliers. I can easily scratch the outside of the barrel with my nail..... IDK if it is because of the slight wind or what. The barrel is like an inch shorter than the original, so I'm wondering if it is possible for it to be hitting the flash hider? Some shots are dead on, then others curve. I'm not sure if it is the SRC hop up unit or what. (the c clip doesn't reallly fit, so the barrel can rotate a tad) The barrel is squeeky clean and I've shot around 500 rounds through it, so there definitely isn't excess silicone. I'm using TSD .25s and I've reinstalled the hop up like 10 times today..... If it keeps acting like this, I'm going to ask for a refund. I'm wishing a bought a Promy right now... Like I said, some are right down my crosshairs and then others curve. I'm not really even judging the accuracy by the crosshairs, I'm just looking for steady shots.

Yeah, no matter what I do, the compression blows. I used a butt load of grease and then it had some compression. (piston would stop about halfway) Only problem is, the grease I used has teflon in it and is water proof, so it's incredibly sticky and it got all over the shell and body of the gun. Even after scrubbing with water, (mind you) it is still sticky. I didn't realize it was water proof until after I used it. It's all I had anywho.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:08 pm

The performance is hardly better than my stock barrel. (it is better, but not worth the $65 bucks) I sent an email to Edgi asking for a new barrel or a refund. (I'd prefer a refund.....) I'm really sad that the barrel is so lacking in performance. The people that work there are amazing, but the barrel I got (lemon or not) performs only slightly better than my stock barrel. It definitely boosted the fps and the groupings are tighter, (what I imagine a madbull performs like), but it definitely isn't worth the cash to me.

I should have gotten a Promy......
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Is it seriously that bad? Have you tried a Prometheus yet?
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:58 pm

stansalad wrote:
Is it seriously that bad? Have you tried a Prometheus yet?

No, I haven't. Edgi's CS is amazing though! Ben is sending me a SCS (Shredder's Concave Spacer) and 100 AE bbs to try out to see if bbs are the issue! (I love free)

With the stock bucking an E1 H nub, the Edgi does quite a bit better than my stock barrel. I guess it was just that day..... I'm still getting a lot of fliers. Some shots fall right down my crosshair, others curve left or right quite a bit.

I'll let you know how it turns out. I sure hope it's just the bbs, I really love this company. They are so helpful and patient.
Back to top Go down
birchenboy
Staff Sergeant E-6
Staff Sergeant E-6
birchenboy

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:21 pm

really glad i opted for the promy now
Back to top Go down
http://www.tribalwars.net/
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Actually now, the performance is pretty nice, but still getting fliers. I think it's just the stock bucking. I think the SCS should fix all the accuracy issues.

I'm actually glad I went for Edgi now
Back to top Go down
birchenboy
Staff Sergeant E-6
Staff Sergeant E-6
birchenboy

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Your bucking is stock?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Your insane just get a systema bucking i've got one in my g36c and its incredable! now if evike will ship my #$@*ing barrel ill be all set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tribalwars.net/
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:53 pm

birchenboy wrote:
Your bucking is stock?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Your insane just get a systema bucking i've got one in my g36c and its incredable! now if evike will ship my #$@*ing barrel ill be all set.

No, I'm not insane, I had a Systema bucking, but IDK where it went. I was trying to figure out what was causing the accuracy problems, so I installed the stock bucking and left my Systema on the floor and it wasn't there when I came back upstairs. One of my dog's probably took it....... lol There is probably a turd outside worth 8 bucks...... pale

The Systema doesn't that great of a bucking IMO. It's good, but it's not amazing like people claim. I actually really like the Madbull silicone bucking. That worked amazingly well in my E1. Only problem is that it's silicone and it's thin, so it probably won't last very long.

That's why I don't order from Evike........ You should have ordered from Ehobbyasia.com or their Ehobby's ebay store.

I think maybe the accuracy issues were due to some silicone on the bucking and maybe some left in the barrel. It's pretty accurate right now. I just installed my madbull bucking I had laying around, maybe that will help some more. I'm pretty sure it's not the barrel, it was just something funky with the hop up or something. The gun is new, so maybe some grease came out of the cylinder and got on the bucking. IDK.

I do highly recommend Edgi though. I can't wait for my SCS to get here.
Back to top Go down
stansalad
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
stansalad

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:05 am

birchenboy wrote:
SRC and Systema buckings are actually very similar. They both perform quite amazingly once broken in. I regret buying a Systema bucking actually. It was a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:14 pm

stansalad wrote:
birchenboy wrote:
SRC and Systema buckings are actually very similar. They both perform quite amazingly once broken in. I regret buying a Systema bucking actually. It was a waste of money.

Yeah, I'm starting to notice that too lol I tried the madbull and it made my gun jam. I'm thinking the bucking just got scrunched up, so I'm going to try it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SRC G36K Mini review   SRC G36K Mini review Empty

Back to top Go down

SRC G36K Mini review
Page 1 of 1