Airsoft Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft Reports

Discussions of airsoft guns

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2007-11-02

G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4? Empty
PostSubject: G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4?   G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 2:32 pm

If my parents say I can, I want to get a full metal G&G gun. I've narrowed it down to these two. I'm not sure which one I want though. I'm used to a G36C, so I'm afraid the Soc might feel a little big. (I'm about 5-6)

I've heard that the stock and such wobbles on the M4, but the M14 is totally solid.

Do you guys have any experience with either one of these guns?

Full stock M4
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_107&products_id=2834

M14 Socom 16
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_107&products_id=2679

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
demosquad_571
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
demosquad_571

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4?   G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 7:39 pm

M14s are my specialty Razz

SOCOM16 will essential feel exactly like a full sized M14, with the exception of a slightly shorter barrel, weight difference is almost unnoticeable. Going from a modern, small and lightweight gun, to a moderately heavy, long, classic gun, will take much getting used to.

You no longer have the pistol grip, now you have a quasi-pistol grip stock, which is tough for non M14 users to get the hang of, trust me, I see this all the time Razz

Also, since you are only 5'6, your arms will most likely not be long enough to reach out far onto the front end of the stock, making it hard to balance. Also, I don't know your weight, but from what I have seen, 5'9 + 140lbs is minimum to handle any M14 variant comfortably, with >6'1 >155lbs being optimal.

As for the specs of this gun, aftermarket compatibility for externals and accessories are rare, and ones you can find are expensive. No cheap aftermarket mags for G&G M14s.

Internally you will have much more luck, with about ~95% aftermarket compatibility.

As for the M4 series, they are small and comfortable for players used to H&K guns, and externals + internals are all compatible.

Also, its just SOCOM16, not M14 SOCOM, or M14 SOCOM16. Just a tip Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureitout.com
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4?   G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:04 pm

So do you think I should get the full stock M4 then? I'm like 120 pounds or so.

Yeah, I really like M14s, but I don't want to buy something that will be hard to handle and will cost a butt load for accessories. I also really like M4's, but I prefer M14s.

I was talking to a kid that ones one and he's like my build type and he's 5-5 and he said he can handle it fine.
Back to top Go down
demosquad_571
Lance Corporal E-3
Lance Corporal E-3
demosquad_571

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4?   G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:15 pm

It would be wise to hold one if possible, to really see if you are fit for it. I am just judging off of my experience with M14s and their variants.

As much as I like M14s, in my opinion it would be wise for you to go for a smaller and lighter gun whatever that gun may be.

If your heart is set out on a SOCOM16, I really suggest you go for a TM or CYMA SOCOM16, both a good guns, and are much more upgradeable, with many cheap aftermarket mags, scope mounts, etc.

Internally, though they are V7s, there are plenty of quality aftermarket V7 parts made by Guarder and Prometheus and others.

I would actually get the CYMA, since you can upgrade the living crap out of the gearbox, and still not spend as much as you would just buying the TM.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureitout.com
Stealthmasterairsoft14
First Lieutenant
Stealthmasterairsoft14

PostSubject: Re: G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4?   G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Well I don't want to have to upgrade my gun when I get it because it will be too much of a hassle to order parts and such. I guess I will get the M4 then. The mag thing isn't a problem because the CA M14 mags supposably work with the G&G.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4?   G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4? Empty

Back to top Go down

G&G M14 Socom 16 or full stock M4?
Page 1 of 1